Current Scams...

10 hours ago, catmiss said:

I had this recorded message with the additional ‘fraudulent use’ claim. I just put the phone down. The scammers must be getting better results by using the term ‘fraud’ as more of them seem to include it in their scam dialogue 

It was more that they were using a number local to Stannington I was warning about.

I’ve had calls in the past from scammers saying they are from Amazon, but this call said that if I did not pay my yearly subscription to Amazon Prime my account would be cancelled. As I’m not with Amazon Prime I cut him off , and blocked his number, but just be careful if you are with Amazon Prime and this chap rings you. Mind you that’s if you can understand what he’s saying as he has a terrible foreign accent. You can also hear other callers in the background. When I told him I would look further into it, he told me to <removed> off !

Edited by nikki-red

Received an email purporting to be from Royal Mail saying a parcel is on its way from online seller SWTL,  I think it could be a scam, has anyone received an email or text message?

Not sure what to do if the parcel is left at the door.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5675332/unexpected-parcel-scam/p2

Edited by cressida

2 hours ago, cressida said:

Received an email purporting to be from Royal Mail saying a parcel is on its way from online seller SWTL,  I think it could be a scam, has anyone received an email or text message?

Not sure what to do if the parcel is left at the door.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5675332/unexpected-parcel-scam/p2

Don't really understand what you mean here!

Surely it's simple - have you ordered anything from SWTL? If yes, it's on the way. If no, there's your answer!

And as for what to do if something actually does end up on your doorstep? Open it, keep it if it's of any use, or dump it in the bin if not!

What's the problem?

1 minute ago, RiffRaff said:

Don't really understand what you mean here!

Surely it's simple - have you ordered anything from SWTL? If yes, it's on the way. If no, there's your answer!

And as for what to do if something actually does end up on your doorstep? Open it, keep it if it's of any use, or dump it in the bin if not!

What's the problem?

I suppose that is another option, RiffRaff - if it ever does arrive, but I have my doubts.

@cressidaHave you actually checked the true origin of the email?

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

I suppose that is another option, RiffRaff - if it ever does arrive, but I have my doubts.

@cressida

Never received anything before from SWTL and they aren't mentioned on any of my purchase orders so I'll wait and see what happens,  Royal Mail was mentioned as they said they received it from online seller SWTL

I did google SWTL and it said Social Working - didn't say what the TL stood for - I most likely get another email

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

Never received anything before from SWTL and they aren't mentioned on any of my purchase orders so I'll wait and see what happens,  Royal Mail was mentioned as they said they received it from online seller SWTL

I did google SWTL and it said Social Working - didn't say what the TL stood for - I most likely get another email

But are you sure the email was from Royal Mail. Hackers/swindlers could put anything they want in the 'From' field - you need to check the true origin.

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

But are you sure the email was from Royal Mail. Hackers/swindlers could put anything they want in the 'From' field - you need to check the true origin.

If and when they deliver it I'll ask for identification