Current Scams...

6 minutes ago, Resident said:

I've got the first one and the second one is in the UK with Parcel Force, being delivered to my local post office today as I wasn't sure I was gonna be in & our post office is an independant that will take parcels in at no charge, though I always chuck a quid into the tin for the charity they support. 

It might be partly my fault. I added my mobile number to the customs declaration so that in the event of charges they can call me directly. Speeds up the process immensely not having to wait for the card through the door. 

Might not even be a 'hack' then - just some opportunist individual with access to that data - which again points to our Gallic cousins. Have you tried to identify the 'owner' of the site?

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Might not even be a 'hack' then - just some opportunist individual with access to that data - which again points to our Gallic cousins. Have you tried to identify the 'owner' of the site?

"Private Individual" so registrar protected info. 

I've reported the site to the host provider and registrar service. It's probably more organised than just a single individual. I know I'm not the only one to declare a mobile number for customs. In fact some sellers I've dealt with in the past have requested it because, as said, speeds up the delivery process, plus RM don't get to add £12.50 "admin & handling fees".

12 minutes ago, Resident said:

"Private Individual" so registrar protected info. 

I've reported the site to the host provider and registrar service. It's probably more organised than just a single individual. I know I'm not the only one to declare a mobile number for customs. In fact some sellers I've dealt with in the past have requested it because, as said, speeds up the delivery process, plus RM don't get to add £12.50 "admin & handling fees".

Ah - so it is a fiddle, then. That's all we need to know.

I received a convincing looking e mail from the Royal Mail saying that they had been unable to deliver my parcel due to incomplete address.

The link asked for my full address and payment of £3 for re delivery,to be paid by giving card number plus account number plus sort code.

Don’t fall for it.

I took a copy to the local sorting office who confirmed it was a phishing e mail that they had not come across,although similar text messages were common.

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I received a convincing looking e mail from the Royal Mail saying that they had been unable to deliver my parcel due to incomplete address.

The link asked for my full address and payment of £3 for re delivery,to be paid by giving card number plus account number plus sort code.

Don’t fall for it.

I took a copy to the local sorting office who confirmed it was a phishing e mail that they had not come across,although similar text messages were common.

Always ask yourself ... "How would they know my email address?"

I received a similar one by text. Don't know whether it was coincidence but I was actually expecting a parcel. Anyway, I ignored and deleted the text and the parcel arrived the next day. Today I've had a call from 'Amazon Prime' asking had I renewed my membership because they noticed the monthly fee had been taken out of my bank. If I have them my details they would reimburse me. Again, I'd just bought something from Amazon. I put the phone down on the caller and checked my bank. Nothing had been taken out. It's worrying that these con artists seem to be aware of everything we do. 

Just had phone call saying my NI number was being suspended because it has been used for criminal activities, it  was a recording or they would have been told where they could go and what they could do.  It was a very forceful voice trying to intimidate and saying press one now to speak to an officer.

1 hour ago, iansheff said:

Just had phone call saying my NI number was being suspended because it has been used for criminal activities, it  was a recording or they would have been told where they could go and what they could do.  It was a very forceful voice trying to intimidate and saying press one now to speak to an officer.

My O/H has just received this call Iansheff.