Current Scams...

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

Simple to stop that one - don't buy 'em.:wink:

I don't, but think of people with kids who want the latest consoles and games, the kids nag their Parents to buy them the consoles, so the Parents are forced to pay over the odds to scalpers on eBay because like I said, nowhere legit, such as Argos, Game, PC World etc has any stock.

Last year my 13 year old nephew wanted an Xbox Series X for Christmas, my Brother couldn't get one so we ended up giving him my old Xbox One S so that the lad had something for Christmas.

He doesn't need a next gen console anyway, he only plays Fortnite! :D 

1 minute ago, Mr Allen said:

I don't, but think of people with kids who want the latest consoles and games, the kids nag their Parents to buy them the consoles, so the Parents are forced to pay over the odds to scalpers on eBay because like I said, nowhere legit, such as Argos, Game, PC World etc has any stock.

Last year my 13 year old nephew wanted an Xbox Series X for Christmas, my Brother couldn't get one so we ended up giving him my old Xbox One S so that the lad had something for Christmas.

He doesn't need a next gen console anyway, he only plays Fortnite! :D 

I get your point about nagging kids, but maybe I'm old and can remember when I was a kid. We were poor, even by the standards of those days, and I and my sisters appreciated and accepted we couldn't have the newest hula-hoop or whatever.

These days it's 'I want and if I don't get, I'll throw a massive strop'.

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

Just wondered if anyone has opened the Email  which keeps cropping up on the forum about having won a  prize?

Wasn't that something to do with SF forum giving away a prize for summat? I seem to remember a post on it a while ago.

On 23/03/2021 at 13:58, RollingJ said:

Actually, neither do I, but some people don't post enough detail, so duff 'information' is added further down the line - a bit like those old telegraph messages that got more garbled the further they went. 😉

I opened plenty of them you just gt to remember soon as they want bank details  log off. Lots off them claiming to be from amozan saying you won a priize and to send £1.99 so they can process it.  Latest is Parcel Force tried to deliver a parcel but nobody in . There is a telephone number but when  you ring it always says no number existits  dead give away never been charged  for ringing.   Now its you got a parcel coming from currys today wich you know you never ordered.   Makes you wonder why they bother as they aint even asking for bank details now.. Think they are trying to find out  which bank you use as a starter

1 hour ago, spider1 said:

I opened plenty of them you just gt to remember soon as they want bank details  log off. Lots off them claiming to be from amozan saying you won a priize and to send £1.99 so they can process it.  Latest is Parcel Force tried to deliver a parcel but nobody in . There is a telephone number but when  you ring it always says no number existits  dead give away never been charged  for ringing.   Now its you got a parcel coming from currys today wich you know you never ordered.   Makes you wonder why they bother as they aint even asking for bank details now.. Think they are trying to find out  which bank you use as a starter

Bolded bit - why?