Current Scams...

15 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Best is to log your own meter readings, monthly, online.

You don't need to wait for a meter reader nor to have a so-called 'smart' [but it's not] meter. w

I do   monthly readings myself and wont have a ?smart meter, I had been trying to send the reading online all morning when I got the text, which I was dubious about,but later on I found out that British Gas had sent text messages due to web site crashing it was the text being from a mobile number that made me take extra notice

On 03/04/2022 at 17:58, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Best is to log your own meter readings, monthly, online.

You don't need to wait for a meter reader nor to have a so-called 'smart' [but it's not] meter.

Yes I have a spreadsheet which I put my monthly readings in when I submit my meter readings to my supplier, so I have a record of all my readings. 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, West 77 said:

It's been doing the rounds for at least two months to my knowledge.

I got that one last week.

A usual with this kind of text, don't click any links, just delete it.

We registered a free gaurentee on a new television  set last week.  Two days later my wife had a call from what sounded like a man in India saying we  were paying five pounds a week for insurance and that they could do it for four pounds.  I am taking it that either someone at the insurance company passed our details on, or else they have been hacked.

3 hours ago, spilldig said:

We registered a free gaurentee on a new television  set last week.  Two days later my wife had a call from what sounded like a man in India saying we  were paying five pounds a week for insurance and that they could do it for four pounds.  I am taking it that either someone at the insurance company passed our details on, or else they have been hacked.

The small print on your "free guarantee" probably gave them the right to share your details.
Very few "guarantees" give you any more than you already have in your statutory rights.

8 hours ago, spilldig said:

Unless you paid (or signed a DD/SO mandate), how could you be paying five pounds a week for insurance?

• 6 months later...

I have recently needed to cancel my bank card after an odd experience. Trying to register with itvx, I did so, but received an email from mediacraze.net,thanking me for my subscription, we will take thirty  quid off you every month.

Nice of them. It is denounced as a USA based scam on Trust pilot , how on earth are they managing to invade itvx online and steal information? 

Please avoid this dreadful company. 

Edited by hello1964

• 1 year later...