Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Good job we have left the EU, they were a bit slow at signing deals with pharmaceutical companies for Covid vaccines, then they have been a bit hesitant rolling it out for what ever reason, unlike the UK who signed up for theses vaccines as soon as they could and that is credit to Government. 

I’m wondering if the UK was still a member of the EU, and thank heavens we are not, would we have vaccinated so many people?  Germany is way behind us.  It’s been reported in a German newspapers that the EU is to bureaucratic and it’s because the UK is now independent is the reason why they have been able to vaccinate over 7 million people so far.  

We already new the EU was to bureaucratic,  didn’t they realise that’s why the UK voted for Brexit.

UK membership was still in force last year (as extended under the WA) and yet did not prevent the UK from approving the Pfizer vaccine early nor doing independent deals, and healthcare policy was never a competency passed to the EU by member states, until Covid-fighting measures were mutualised last year.

So I'm afraid that this link with Brexit exists only in your head.

But whatever helps you get over your win :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, hauxwell said:

Good job we have left the EU, they were a bit slow at signing deals with pharmaceutical companies for Covid vaccines, then they have been a bit hesitant rolling it out for what ever reason, unlike the UK who signed up for theses vaccines as soon as they could and that is credit to Government. 

I’m wondering if the UK was still a member of the EU, and thank heavens we are not, would we have vaccinated so many people?  Germany is way behind us.  It’s been reported in a German newspapers that the EU is to bureaucratic and it’s because the UK is now independent is the reason why they have been able to vaccinate over 7 million people so far.  

We already new the EU was to bureaucratic,  didn’t they realise that’s why the UK voted for Brexit.

Thats not quite true I think. Germany was going to do what the UK did, so you can do it in the EU (and indeed we did whilst still in the EU!). The EU persuaded them to not do that and instead go the for collaborative EU wide distribution and purchase of vaccines.

2 hours ago, hauxwell said:

You're not vaccinated until you've had the second jab.

No reason to think we couldn't have gone our own way if we were in the EU, we have on many issues. It would have depended on who is in charge at number 10!

This has been on the news another reason the UK has moved more swiftly with vaccination than the EU is we opted out of the EU procurement programme when we left, which has allowed us to move more quickly,  if not we would be floundering like the rest of the EU.

I’ve never hear of the Procurement Programme until now.  

Edited by hauxwell

3 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

I’ll give you a quick tip when it comes to this mob of Tories, don’t believe a thing they say.

"But Mr Kwarteng told MPs: "I do not want there to be any doubt about my or the government's intentions in this area.

"We will not row back on the 48-hour weekly working limit derived from the working time directive, we will not reduce the UK annual leave entitlement, which is already much more generous than the EU minimum standard, we will not row back on legal rights to breaks at work.

"I will say it again, there is no government plan to reduce workers' rights." Mr Kwarteng added he had repeatedly said that, outside the EU, Britain had an opportunity to raise standards."

Blimey!  You see it printed in black & white, hear him saying it on tv, yet you still refuse to believe. 

13 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

So more post-Brexit fears dismissed regarding workers' rights. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-55842992

The Conservative party has many considerations as how to screw down workers earnings and rights and how to keep the gulf between the haves and have nots.

So far they have managed to drag many employed people towards the breadline.

As it says in the article,they have shied away from this one rather than face the outcry.

So nothing to do with Brexit