Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

20 minutes ago, Axe said:

Not untrue.

Your claim that trade between the UK and the EU is on the same footing as it was when we were a member could not be further from the truth.

I stated the UK and the EU had a tariff free trade agreement.

Free from tariffs... not customs and excise duty, customs, paperwork requirements, associated costs and many other things.

Result... UK goods are now more expensive than their EU equivalents in their biggest market.

Of course now the UK are no longer in the Customs Union goods are subject to customs checks.

Along with the associated and massive paperwork/cost burden, and country of origin rules.

As above, UK based companies are now at a significant disadvantage in their biggest market, compared to those based within the EU.

Edited by Magilla

18 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Your claim that trade between the UK and the EU is on the same footing as it was when we were a member could not be further from the truth.

Free from tariffs... not customs and excise duty, customs, paperwork requirements, associated costs and many other things.

Result... UK goods are now more expensive than their EU equivalents in their biggest market.

Along with the associated and massive paperwork/cost burden, and country of origin rules.

As above, UK based companies are now at a significant disadvantage in their biggest market, compared to those based within the EU.

You are arguing with yourself. I never claimed the trade between the UK and EU was on the same footing as before Brexit.  I will say it again the UK and the EU have a tariff free trade agreement post Brexit.  

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

You are arguing with yourself. I never claimed the trade between the UK and EU was on the same footing as before Brexit.

Oh well that explains why trade is down, significantly, as a result of Brexit ;)

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

I will say it again the UK and the EU have a tariff free trade agreement post Brexit.  

Which, for the reasons already highlighted, leaves UK manufacturers at a significant disadvantage in their biggest market.

7 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Oh well that explains why trade is down, significantly, as a result of Brexit ;)

Which, for the reasons already highlighted, leaves UK manufacturers at a significant disadvantage in their biggest market.

It is time for you to move on and end your obsession with why Brexit should not have happened.  

9 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

It’s looks as though we have an agreement with the EU on Ireland. Will the tories push for changes to the European  Convention on Human Rights next?

Something needs to be done to both discourage and stop the illegal crossing of the English Channel by migrants.  The new agreement with the EU will lead to better cooperation between the UK and EU on other matters.  Changes to the protocol happened because the UK government were prepared to walk away from the Northern Ireland protocol.  The UK government have to be prepared to walk away from the European Convention on Human Rights in order to bring about the reforms necessary to end the problems migrants crossing the English Channel are creating for the UK.

8 minutes ago, Axe said:

Something needs to be done to both discourage and stop the illegal crossing of the English Channel by migrants.  The new agreement with the EU will lead to better cooperation between the UK and EU on other matters.  Changes to the protocol happened because the UK government were prepared to walk away from the Northern Ireland protocol.  The UK government have to be prepared to walk away from the European Convention on Human Rights in order to bring about the reforms necessary to end the problems migrants crossing the English Channel are creating for the UK.

It won't make one iota of difference to the people coming... another issue that is only an issue, as a result of Brexit. :roll:

Poland is on course to overtake the UK GDP per capita by 2030, Bulgaria and Romania by 2040... (again, Brexit)... maybe they'll start heading there instead by then eh? ;)

Edited by Magilla

16 minutes ago, Axe said:

The PM has done a deal with the EU on Ireland.  He’s seen off Nicola Sturgeon.

If the PM solves the abuse of solicitors using the Human Rights which cost the tax payer millions of pounds and deals with the problem of migrants crossing the channel,  I think he will see off Kier Starmer at the next election, I certainly didn’t think that a few months ago.

22 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

The PM has done a deal with the EU on Ireland.

All the efforts made to reach this deal, all the civil service and political resources committed to it, all the attention and time spent on negotiating it, is still only serving one purpose: Limiting the damage of Brexit. :roll:

He’s seen off Nicola Sturgeon.

He was PM when she left, it didn't happen because of anything he did. :roll:

If the PM solves the abuse of solicitors using the Human Rights which cost the tax payer millions of pounds

If the PM solves an issue that doesn't exist...

If the PM ignores UK law...

:?

and deals with the problem of migrants crossing the channel.

That are a direct result of Brexit... :?

I think he will see off Kier Starmer at the next election, I certainly didn’t think that a few months ago.

Good luck with that.

Edited by Magilla