Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

25 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I thought you were meaning that I had FAITH in the efficient implementation.

Competence is needed and the will to make it work now it has happened.

In 20 years from  now we (if still alive !) will wonder what all the fuss was about because solutions to many problems will have been resolved.

Sounds as if we need those solutions before next year when the tariffs are applied and ruin Vauxhall, Citron, Peugeot and Fiat business.

The government were warned but said, nothing to worry about and there would be no tariffs.

25 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I thought you were meaning that I had FAITH in the efficient implementation.

Competence is needed and the will to make it work now it has happened.

In 20 years from  now we (if still alive !) will wonder what all the fuss was about because solutions to many problems will have been resolved.

Brexiteers have gone from ' Taking Back Control ' and ' Marvelous Opportunities ' and ' Sunlit Uplands ' to claiming that everything is okay it's just that it hasn't been implemented correctly.

It's difficult to implement something when no one has any idea as how to go about it. There was no forethought, no preparation for how to proceed if Leave won. The politicians didn't think that enough people would be daft enough to vote to make themselves poorer and damage the country.

What was supposed to happen was that Remain won and Johnson and his pals would look like the best choice for the Torys to lead the government and stand up to the EU. Did you see Johnson and Gove's faces when they announced the result? Both gutted but all that really mattered to them was their personal ambition so on they went.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-no-plan-b2326008.html

You and your fellow Brexiteers have damaged this country because of your lack of understanding as to how the world works these days. You have damaged my children and grandchildrens future through sheer stupidity.

I will not live for another twenty years but those who do will have to suffer the consequences.

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Brexiteers have gone from ' Taking Back Control ' and ' Marvelous Opportunities ' and ' Sunlit Uplands ' to claiming that everything is okay it's just that it hasn't been implemented correctly.

It's difficult to implement something when no one has any idea as how to go about it. There was no forethought, no preparation for how to proceed if Leave won. The politicians didn't think that enough people would be daft enough to vote to make themselves poorer and damage the country.

What was supposed to happen was that Remain won and Johnson and his pals would look like the best choice for the Torys to lead the government and stand up to the EU. Did you see Johnson and Gove's faces when they announced the result? Both gutted but all that really mattered to them was their personal ambition so on they went.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-brexit-no-plan-b2326008.html

You and your fellow Brexiteers have damaged this country because of your lack of understanding as to how the world works these days. You have damaged my children and grandchildrens future through sheer stupidity.

I will not live for another twenty years but those who do will have to suffer the consequences.

I am no brexiteer, but how has it damaged their future?

5 hours ago, m williamson said:

Harvey you sound very much like a religious zealot.  " I cannot provide you with any facts to prove my contention, there is no evidence which can  prove my claims, however despite that you should accept what I say as the truth. "

Except that you are even more gullible. The religious have no proof of the existence of God but at the same time atheists who are arguing against them have no proof of the non existence of God.

But those of us who argue that Brexit was disastrous self inflicted damage to the country have loads of proof, even Farage says so.

Your lack of knowledge of the situation is typical of many Brexiteers, you bought the anti EU guff without bothering to question it.

For example you stated that every proposal put forward by the UK was rejected when we were members. Take a look at this link for a bit of clarification.

https://fullfact.org/europe/eu-facts-behind-claims-uk-influence/

Incidentally, the description Remainer is redundant we have left and I doubt very much that the EU would allow us back. All 27 members have to agree to a new member and the foot in mouth pantomime act that has been ' running ' the country has managed to insult just about all of them at some time over the past few years.

My bold. 

Please inform us as to what is now the correct term for the dwindling group who voted to remaim?

I can think of a few but I want to just make sure? 

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

I am no brexiteer, but how has it damaged their future?

They are now living in a poorer less influential country than the one they were born into. They have had rights taken away from them for no rational reason.

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/IDAN/2020/651975/EPRS_IDA(2020)651975_EN.pdf

16 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

Please inform us as to what is now the correct term for the dwindling group who voted to remaim?

I can think of a few but I want to just make sure? 

As we have left we can no longer remain can we?   Realists would be more appropriate. 'We told you so you gormless prats' whilst accurate is a bit long don't you think?

50 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I think you are worrying too much.

I am not an economist or accountant but have faith in those professionals and business leaders to help our politicians to keep us in a decent standard of living.

Solutions to problems and different working  and business practices will be developed.

I don't see how it has damaged the future of generations to come.

The country has not collapsed and we are not starving.

10 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

But how will it damage them?

Seems a little melodramatic if you ask me.

Does it?

Perhaps I'm unusual in wanting the best for my children and grandchildren? I've had a good and interesting life, met some interesting people and seen a bit of the world. I want them to have an even better life, my parents wanted that for me, and as they both lived through the war one in Sheffield and one on tour with the army I believe that I probably did.

Having to live with the consequences of ill thought out actions which  restrict their choices  isn't what I wanted for my family. Providing some political party can muster up the balls to do the commonsense thing and rejoin the Single Market then a major part of the damage can be dealt with.

After all, how many times prior to the referendum did Farage tell us that the Norway option would be great?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-farage-anna-soubry_uk_582ce0a0e4b09025ba310fce

12 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Does it?

Perhaps I'm unusual in wanting the best for my children and grandchildren? I've had a good and interesting life, met some interesting people and seen a bit of the world. I want them to have an even better life, my parents wanted that for me, and as they both lived through the war one in Sheffield and one on tour with the army I believe that I probably did.

Having to live with the consequences of ill thought out actions which  restrict their choices  isn't what I wanted for my family. Providing some political party can muster up the balls to do the commonsense thing and rejoin the Single Market then a major part of the damage can be dealt with.

After all, how many times prior to the referendum did Farage tell us that the Norway option would be great?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-farage-anna-soubry_uk_582ce0a0e4b09025ba310fce

I had a good life before we joined the EU, a good life whilst a member of the EU and good life since Brexit.

My children and grandchildren have a good life.

How has it altered what you want for your family or spoilt their chances to have a good life ?

Edited by harvey19

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think you are worrying too much.

I am not an economist or accountant but have faith in those professionals and business leaders to help our politicians to keep us in a decent standard of living.

Solutions to problems and different working  and business practices will be developed.

I don't see how it has damaged the future of generations to come.

The country has not collapsed and we are not starving.

You come across as incredibly naive. Business leaders and politicians invariably do what is best for them. James Dyson, Jim Ratcliffe,Jacob Rees-Mogg all major Brexiteers and all played a get out of jail card.

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/12/09/brexiters-fled-britain/#:~:text=The Brexiters Who Fled Britain 1 With more,... 8 Michael Ashcroft%2C Belize ... More items

Your faith in these types is nonsensicle. As a matter of interest what is your experience of the business world, because it sounds very different from mine?

• Like 1