Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

I would detest any attempt to make things imperial only. I just bought 500g of carrots and 800g of mushrooms from the supermarket. My head is metric in terms of buying stuff like this and other food/drink stuffs. Same with petrol.

If they want to show both: fine.

I suspect there would be a huge pushback from the major retailers also. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

10 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Seems that Grey is happy about Brexit but unhappy about how we have taken control of our borders.

Some people can never make up their minds.

Ask that lot on GB News what to do then.

Will be getting real money back as well, pounds, shillings and pence.

12 pennies make a shilling, 20 shillings make a pound.

A guinee 1 pound, 1 shilling.

Silver 6 penny pieces, hexagonal 3 penny pieces , 1/2 pennies and the farthing .

2 shilling pieces and the 2/6 half a crown.

Edited by harvey19

4 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Will be getting real money back as well, pounds, shillings and pence.

12 pennies make a shilling, 20 shillings make a pound.

A guinee 1 pound, 1 shilling.

Silver 6 penny pieces, hexagonal 3 penny pieces , 1/2 pennies and the farthing .

Absolutely no sensible person wants all that back, the country has had decimal currency for over 50 years. I dont believe any country in the world operates a non-decimal currency, none of them are going to go against that now.

Actually a slight edit, the only people who want that back are 70+ year olds and they only want it back to annoy anyone younger then themselves, no other reason.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Absolutely no sensible person wants all that back, the country has had decimal currency for over 50 years. I dont believe any country in the world operates a non-decimal currency, none of them are going to go against that now.

Actually a slight edit, the only people who want that back are 70+ year olds and they only want it back to annoy anyone younger then themselves, no other reason.

You are very cynical.

It would make us unique.

14 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I would detest any attempt to make things imperial only. I just bought 500g of carrots and 800g of mushrooms from the supermarket. My head is metric in terms of buying stuff like this and other food/drink stuffs. Same with petrol.

If they want to show both: fine.

I suspect there would be a huge pushback from the major retailers also. 

I remember this from last year:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/jacob-rees-mogg-e2-80-99s-e2-80-98biased-e2-80-99-imperial-units-consultation-gives-no-option-to-say-e2-80-98no-e2-80-99/ar-AA11XZ7w

"Ministers launched an official survey over the summer to gauge the public appetite for moving back to the archaic measurement system – which was phased out over half a century ago.

But a survey in the consultation asked people only: “If you had a choice, would you want to purchase items: i) in imperial units ii) in imperial units alongside a metric equivalent”.

No option was provided in the survey question to reject the reintroduction of imperial measures."

Unsurprising that Rees-Mogg was involved.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

You are very cynical.

It would make us unique.

You can say that again.

You could equally say that,   he doesn't want it back just to annoy anyone older than himself.

We live in a country with some strange people who can't make up their minds whether they believe in old traditions or modernisation  because they flip from one to the other.

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

For the wrong reasons. 

If it was a good idea the changeover in the early 70s would never have happened. And that was before the EU membership, so Brexit has sod all to do with it really.

Asking for a pint of beer never changed.

In Germany it was always a large beer or a small beer one asked for.

My uncle always referred to half a crown as half a dollar.

Just now, harvey19 said:

Asking for a pint of beer never changed.

No thats always been an outlier for some reason, never understood why. No issue with it tbh. Miles in cars too, and on signs, those wont be changing anytime soon because the cost to do all that would be ridiculous.

If pre-decimal currency was great and fantastic it would still be in place. It isnt, which tell you all you need to know really. Nostalgia can be a bit rose tinted.