Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

10 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I was born in the early 80s. Myself, along with the vast majority of the country, have absolutely no desire to change back to an archaic system of 240 pennies in a pound or whatever ridiculousness it was.

I remember doing it in primary school, God knows why it was taught given the system had vanished 15+ years beforehand, very odd.

When I was in primary,  junior  and grammar school there were no computers or even calculators.

It was only towards the end of my time a grammar school slide rules were invented.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Why is this even being discussed? Nobody campaigned for a return to pre-decimal currency during Brexit and no Government department or think tank is advocating for it now.  Bizarre.

I wondered why you were discussing it when I just posted the subject as a bit of humour.

3 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Think its time to leave the boomers to their delusions now.

Another of my mother's saying, 'Show some respect for your elders '

8 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

OK, and 52 years later do you really think that love still exists with the general population? Sorry to disappoint you...it doesnt. The world has moved on. Deal with it.

Just to actually prove this point as I know Organgrinder usually demands evidence...

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/tl8kg6q3i9/InternalResults_170222_AfterBrexit_W.pdf

A Yougov survey from 2017 showed that only 7% of people wanted a return to this. 

Unsurprisingly, this proportion was higher amongst UKIP voters, leave voters and the elderly. Who woulda thunk it.

Edited by HeHasRisen

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

OK, and 52 years later do you really think that love still exists with the general population? Sorry to disappoint you...it doesnt. The world has moved on. Deal with it.

Even without EU membership the currency would have changed at some point. given how the world was moving. As said, no other country in the world operates a non-decimal currency as far as I know. 

I haven't said that at all and I also believe that it would cost too much upheaval for us to change back.

That doesn't alter the fact that, despite what you say,  there was nothing wrong with our currency and it was only changed prior to joining Europe.

You,  like us, are prejudiced because you have never known anything different.

We are the only people who have lived with both systems. 

Amazing how people who like one system are "selfish" but the people who like the other system are not.  Typical of your arguments.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just to actually prove this point as I know Organgrinder usually demands evidence...

https://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/tl8kg6q3i9/InternalResults_170222_AfterBrexit_W.pdf

A Yougov survey from 2017 showed that only 7% of people wanted a return to this. 

Unsurprisingly, this proportion was higher amongst UKIP voters, leave voters and the elderly. Who woulda thunk it.

Basic statistics when you consider the average life span.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Basic statistics when you consider the average life span.

Of course they are but he'll not acknowledge it.

They should have done that in 1977 or 1987 and the result would have been completely different.

He is arguing about something  that he has never even experienced but I presume he would know more about anything that the guy who was there and did it. 

If he gets to be old,  he will be the worst of the lot for spouting his knowledge because   "he experienced it at the time so he knows what it was like".

It'll just be poacher turned gamekeeper.

I have things to do  and so must leave this for a bit.

Gives hhr chance to imagine some things that he never saw.