Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

Still no answer.

There is no need for insults when I am trying to debate a subject sensibly.

I find insults  are usually used to stop debate.

No answer to what?

The question which you are desperate for me to answer, for furthering your strawman argument along? When you could be finding out the answer yourself with a little searching for around 5 minutes?

For the rest of it, I’m insulted that you feel insulted. I did not have you down, as a poster willing to target little boats in the Channel, but maybe I missed your posts stating that opinion?

By all means, feel free to stop debating. But maybe give it a start first, eh?

Edited by L00b

The spectacle was hailed as a success by a pro-European group of music lovers called Thank EU For The Music who organised the display and said they handed out thousands of EU flags outside the Albert Hall.

In a Facebook post, it said the the display sent a “powerful signal to the world that Britain wants back IN!”

In an open letter to Tim Davie, the BBC’s director general, the group said the stunt was a demonstration against Brexit.

So a stunt, not a protest.

How petty, and I say that as someone who didn't want brexit.

1 hour ago, Mister Gee said:

The Brexiters aren’t happy but they never are.

They are when they're lying to themselves upon reciept of pervieved bad news:

Slow creep back to the EU: UK rejoins European Horizon Project

https://www.gbnews.com/politics/brexit-news-eu-horizon

"However, a result of Brexit, the UK's access to the scheme has been negotiated at a cheaper rate - meaning Britons can benefit from the scheme without the hefty pre-Brexit price tag."

Someone should let GB News know that the £2.6bn post-Brexit price tag, is higher than the pre-Brexit one ever was, and now has far less chance of ever attaining the same level of grants! 🙄

Edited by Magilla

35 minutes ago, Magilla said:

They are when they're lying to themselves upon reciept of pervieved bad news:

Slow creep back to the EU: UK rejoins European Horizon Project

https://www.gbnews.com/politics/brexit-news-eu-horizon

"However, a result of Brexit, the UK's access to the scheme has been negotiated at a cheaper rate - meaning Britons can benefit from the scheme without the hefty pre-Brexit price tag."

Someone should let GB News know that the £2.6bn post-Brexit price tag, is higher than the pre-Brexit one ever was! 🙄

They know but don't care. They are feeding comforting lies to their audience who they know would rather be fed those comforting lies than to be reminded of the harsh realities of the brexit they are so keen on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, L00b said:

No answer to what?

The question which you are desperate for me to answer, for furthering your strawman argument along? When you could be finding out the answer yourself with a little searching for around 5 minutes?

For the rest of it, I’m insulted that you feel insulted. I did not have you down, as a poster willing to target little boats in the Channel, but maybe I missed your posts stating that opinion?

By all means, feel free to stop debating. But maybe give it a start first, eh?

I asked you a simple question  related to your country in a relevant topic. No desperation at all just expanding the debate.

Your second sentence is pointless.

No straw man whatever.

Didn't watch the Proms, not my thing but let's forget the EU flag story for a minute.   

Let's imagine that the only flags that were flown at the last nigh of the Proms were the Union flag. 

Let's imagine that someone started a thread enquiring if people watched the programme & asking for people's views on thousands of only Union flags being waived?  I'll tell you what the response would be, (largely the same posters on here trying to make some kind of political capital of EU flags on display), you'd have comments like 'That entire audience is nothing but a bunch of over privileged, over bearing bunch of inbred middle class toffs who don't represent the majority of the people in this country or what the country stands for!' 

But stick an EU flag in their hands & the usual detractors of the Proms crowd are falling over themselves, getting exited & frothing at the mouths that these same bunch of over privileged, over bearing bunch of inbred middle class toffs, waiving a little blue flag are now their saviours some how. 

Pathetic & laughable. 

Edited by Baron99

10 hours ago, harvey19 said:

I asked you a simple question  related to your country in a relevant topic. No desperation at all just expanding the debate.

(…)

And I asked you why did you bring up that country (it’s not mine), as your first and

only reply to a post drawing attention to the difference in volumes of refugees respectively handled by the U.K. and some EU countries.

Since you couldn’t be @rsed to find the answer to your own question in the first place, a 2 minutes-Googling away.

Do you  believe that such stats, for a country of 650k inhabitants (48+% foreign-born) which is 95% smaller than the U.K., is critical to discussing that point? 

Can’t  wait to read your explanation as to why that is 😏

Edited by L00b

50 minutes ago, L00b said:

And I asked you why did you bring up that country (it’s not mine), as your first and

only reply to a post drawing attention to the difference in volumes of refugees respectively handled by the U.K. and some EU countries.

Since you couldn’t be @rsed to find the answer to your own question in the first place, a 2 minutes-Googling away.

Do you  believe that such stats, for a country of 650k inhabitants (48+% foreign-born) which is 95% smaller than the U.K., is critical to discussing that point? 

Can’t  wait to read your explanation as to why that is 😏

As already pointed out it was to expand the debate using knowledge and experience you would know as an inhabitant of that country rather than anonymous internet sources.

I can not understand reluctance to give a clear answer as you usually post information or if you did not wish to extend the debate in this area just say that you did not know.

There is nothing more to say on the matter as the facts have been clearly explained to you.

Edited by harvey19

9 hours ago, Baron99 said:

But stick an EU flag in their hands & the usual detractors of the Proms crowd are falling over themselves, getting exited & frothing at the mouths...

Indeed, Brexiteers and leave voters in the main...        given their well publicised tweets and the whining about it on this forum! 🤣