Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Copenhagen is not part of mainland Europe and  300 miles is much further than the distance that Calais is from Dover.  

You should've been the Brexit Secretary, Westy.

The then incumbent of that role, Dominic Raab admitted at the time that he did not fully appreciate the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing for UK trade.

All at sea: Raab's ignorance of Dover-Calais stuns critics | Brexit | The Guardian

Another one who was staggeringly ignorant of the facts 🤪

14 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You should've been the Brexit Secretary, Westy.

The then incumbent of that role, Dominic Raab admitted at the time that he did not fully appreciate the importance of the Dover-Calais crossing for UK trade.

All at sea: Raab's ignorance of Dover-Calais stuns critics | Brexit | The Guardian

Another one who was staggeringly ignorant of the facts 🤪

Axe is not here to defend Dominic Raab.  Axe is here to defend democracy.  To compare Norway to the UK in order to support the UK being in the Single Market is ludicrous because the freedom movement of people is a not a big issue for Norway unlike it is for the UK.

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

Axe is not here to defend Dominic Raab. Axe is here to defend democracy.  To compare Norway to the UK in order to support the UK being in the Single Market is ludicrous because the freedom movement of people is a not a big issue for Norway unlike it is for the UK.

But democracy doesn't stop once a decision has been taken.

People are allowed to change their minds, as many Brexiters have over the last 7 years.

13 minutes ago, Axe said:

Axe is not here to defend Dominic Raab.  Axe is here to defend democracy.  To compare Norway to the UK in order to support the UK being in the Single Market is ludicrous because the freedom movement of people is a not a big issue for Norway unlike it is for the UK.

Why was freedom of movement a big issue for the UK?

Looking at the sheer volume of Brits moaning at the personal consequence of losing FoM when eventually experiencing it at the coal face in their jobs, holidays, retirement <etc> as related by the MSM (mostly the right wing press, irony of ironies)…most people still don’t seem to understand it now, 7 years on.

Edit - example #2457:

https://x.com/Seven7Kevin/status/1701573699667726436?s=20

400+m EU27 citizens did not lose FoM. They ‘lost’ the UK as 1 of 28 opportunities. 67m Brits lost FoM, completely but for the historical CTA with Ireland.

Edited by L00b

5 minutes ago, Axe said:

Axe is not here to defend Dominic Raab.  Axe is here to defend democracy.  To compare Norway to the UK in order to support the UK being in the Single Market is ludicrous because the freedom movement of people is a not a big issue for Norway unlike it is for the UK.

We’ve heard it all before Westy.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

But democracy doesn't stop once a decision has been taken.

People are allowed to change their minds, as many Brexiters have over the last 7 years.

It is irrelevant if people have changed their mind since the referendum vote because everyone knew at the time whatever the result would be implemented. 

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

It is irrelevant if people have changed their mind since the referendum vote because everyone knew at the time whatever the result would be implemented. 

And in time, when it is plain for everyone to see what a shambles Brexit is, there will be a referendum to re join the EU.

Which will please you of course Axe, because you never wanted to leave in the first place.

Unlike your sockpuppet, Westy, who was on here daily, dribbling on about how wonderful Brexit would be. 

Edited by Mister M

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

And in time, when it is plain for everyone to see what a shambles Brexit is, there will be a referendum to re join the EU.

Which will please you of course Axe, because you never wanted to leave in the first place.

Unlike your sockpuppet, Westy, who was on here daily, dribbling on about how wonderful Brexit would be. 

Unlike you I do not need any sockpuppets. Yes I voted to remain but after the referendum result was announced I became 100% supportive of the democratic choice my own people made.  There will not be a referendum to rejoin the EU, End of.

1 minute ago, Axe said:

Unlike you I do not need any sockpuppets. Yes I voted to remain but after the referendum result was announced I became 100% supportive of the democratic choice my own people made.  There will not be a referendum to rejoin the EU, End of.

That’s a funny way of saying it Westy.