Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

3 hours ago, West 77 said:

As every day passers I hoping more for WTO rules with the EU. 

Presumably because you are reasonably comfortably set up,with an adequate income.

So job losses,increased prices,and other disruptions are of little concern compared with Sovereignty,the essence of which has never left us.

10 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

And of course, you would be able to do SO much better wouldn't you?

I would have hoped that someone could have done better.

If Johnson considers that No Deal is an acceptable conclusion then he has been a total failure.

5 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Presumably because you are reasonably comfortably set up,with an adequate income.

So job losses,increased prices,and other disruptions are of little concern compared with Sovereignty,the essence of which has never left us.

If Johnson considers that No Deal is an acceptable conclusion then he has been a total failure.

I don't get the impression that West77 is that. 

Just someone who would enjoy watching the chaos that would ensue.

17 minutes ago, RJRB said:

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I don't get the impression that West77 is that. 

Just someone who would enjoy watching the chaos that would ensue.

Sadly the brextremist obsessed don't care, they only care about one thing, they are blinded by extremity, they have been radicalised from the decades of anti EU  and right wing lies, now only one thing matters, no matter the cost.

I don't want to just cope - I want to prosper and the deal that the elected representatives of this country promised us to achieve this is not arriving.

Normally failure to deliver would be a breach of contract - why isn't it in this case?

Why is there no recourse for the lies that Boris has spun?

Project fear becomes a project reality... and I don't have confidence in the current leadership as their track record is abysmal in so many places (PPE, track and trace, trade deals, GFA/NI, Brexit, the CSR, Levelling up).

Currently Brexit has cost us millions of £s, cost us thousands of jobs, it looks like it will cost every household hundreds of pounds onto their food bill, it also looks like our ability to travel to europe will be restricted... for what?

Blue passports... nothing else has come out of Brexit so far

29 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I don't want to just cope - I want to prosper and the deal that the elected representatives of this country promised us to achieve this is not arriving.

Normally failure to deliver would be a breach of contract - why isn't it in this case?

Why is there no recourse for the lies that Boris has spun?

Project fear becomes a project reality... and I don't have confidence in the current leadership as their track record is abysmal in so many places (PPE, track and trace, trade deals, GFA/NI, Brexit, the CSR, Levelling up).

Currently Brexit has cost us millions of £s, cost us thousands of jobs, it looks like it will cost every household hundreds of pounds onto their food bill, it also looks like our ability to travel to europe will be restricted...

To be fair they have always loudly said ending Freedom of Movement was a major goal of Brexit. So no surprises there about the restrictions being imposed on us.

1 minute ago, nightrider said:

To be fair they have always loudly said ending Freedom of Movement was a major goal of Brexit. So no surprises there about the restrictions being imposed on us.

Brilliant - never thought of it like that.

"We delivered Brexit by locking down the UK by not managing the pandemic."

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Wanting your country to be a free sovereign nation again is hardly an extremist ideology.  

which to start with has been shown to be absolutely ********, we have ALWAYS been sovereign, so many things the EU has tried foisting on us and we told em where to stick it, we had the best deal when we were one of the big boys at the table, vetoing the bits we didnt like and keeping the bits we did.

Instead were under the table looking for crumbs, now were shouting very loudly that we want all of the good bits but NONE of the bad bits and heaping all the negatives at the EUs door

Edited by melthebell

10 minutes ago, melthebell said:

which to start with has been shown to be absolutely ********, we have ALWAYS been sovereign, so many things the EU has tried foisting on us and we told em where to stick it, we had the best deal when we were one of the big boys at the table, vetoing the bits we didnt like and keeping the bits we did.

Instead were under the table looking for crumbs, now were shouting very loudly that we want all of the good bits but NONE of the bad bits and heaping all the negatives at the EUs door

My thoughts exactly Mel. And even if we did decide to rejoin the EU at some future date, it won't be on the same terms that we have now.

Moreover, one of the things that people complained about in relation to the EU, immigration, is driven much more by the market than Europe. Sooner or later, I think people who talk a great deal about being sovereign will realise that being sovereign without much power is little comfort.