Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

56 minutes ago, Pettytom said:

I’ll bet that we’ve taken one look at Dover today and asked the EU what sort of fish deal they’d like.

Schooled, completely, by the French.

Who knew that borders had two sides that could take back control.

On this side of La Manche it is pretty much taken as truth that the initial UK lockdown in March was due to an ultimatum from Macron to Johnson that France would close the chunnel and channel ports unless Johnson did something drastic to stop the spread of the virus.

3 minutes ago, Longcol said:

On this side of La Manche it is pretty much taken as truth that the initial UK lockdown in March was due to an ultimatum from Macron to Johnson that France would close the chunnel and channel ports unless Johnson did something drastic to stop the spread of the virus.

That makes perfect sense. Must be nice to have a president who actually knows what day it is. What is it like? 

Maybe Johnson had been visited by Ebineezer Scrooge-Mogg who showed him a vision of Lorries backed up to Birmingham and decided he had to do something and quick.

You could see it coming, after just 2 days of Dover blocked, the government here could see they needed to have partnerships.

2 hours ago, Mr Fisk said:

Maybe Johnson had been visited by Ebineezer Scrooge-Mogg who showed him a vision of Lorries backed up to Birmingham and decided he had to do something and quick.

You could see it coming, after just 2 days of Dover blocked, the government here could see they needed to have partnerships.

If it really did take the last few days to bring this home to our leaders then the sooner they go the better.

The 2000 page document,if agreed and ratified may not suit everybody ,but as I have said before,any deal is better than a no deal.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

If it really did take the last few days to bring this home to our leaders then the sooner they go the better.

The 2000 page document,if agreed and ratified may not suit everybody ,but as I have said before,any deal is better than a no deal.

Do you think any of the cabinet - let alone the rest - will actually read it? It could have anything in it.

Apparently they are going even more deranged than usual on the Daily Mail comments, going puce at what they see as a bad deal. I can't cope with the ADHD montage and body shaming horror that is the DM site, maybe someone with a stronger stomach / worse eyesight can report back.

Luvin' it, luvin it. Just looking back over the few pages since the mention that a Brexit deal was to be done.  All the Remainers, in the verge of apoplexy, at the thought, hoping against hope it won't happen.  Really, I can hardly hear Boris for the knashing & grinding of teeth. 

I'm taking a break until the New Year from SF, so can I wish ALL a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.  See you on the other side, in the brave new world of 2021.  And remember, even if you didn't vote to leave you ARE coming along for the ride & there's no dropping out.  There are no height restrictions. 

10 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Luvin' it, luvin it. Just looking back over the few pages since the mention that a Brexit deal was to be done.  All the Remainers, in the verge of apoplexy, at the thought, hoping against hope it won't happen.  Really, I can hardly hear Boris for the knashing & grinding of teeth. 

I'm taking a break until the New Year from SF, so can I wish ALL a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.  See you on the other side, in the brave new world of 2021.  And remember, even if you didn't vote to leave you ARE coming along for the ride & there's no dropping out.  There are no height restrictions. 

I'm not gnashing or wailing, just baffled that so much time and energy for 4 whole years has gone into... this