Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Rule Britannia and a triumph for British democracy.  Hopefully other nations inside the EU prison  will follow the UK's lead and have the courage to break free.

An embarrassing press conference  by the Remainer loser  Sir Kier Starmer who criticised Boris Johnson for being prepared to walk away without a trade agreement.  The reason why the UK have got a good free trade deal  agreement with the EU is because Boris Johnson proved he was prepared to walk away from a bad trade deal.  

What's your favourite part of the deal?

Here's a handy chart (if it's pasted right)

Edited by tinfoilhat

8 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

What's your favourite part of the deal?

Here's a handy chart (if it's pasted right)

Given the tariffs on economic goods and services will undoubtedly hit the economy hard, I just wonder whether the Government will resort to type and become ever more restrictive about employees rights at work? I know that a few weeks ago, Ministers said on the contrary, we could have better wages, better working conditions and employee rights. However, that seems to go against the grain for Tories. And as said, even though we have a deal, as your tweet from Nick Robinson makes clear, the deal is thin.

Rule Britannia and a triumph for British democracy.  Hopefully other nations inside the EU prison  will follow the UK's lead and have the courage to break free.

An embarrassing press conference  by the Remainer loser  Sir Kier Starmer who criticised Boris Johnson for being prepared to walk away without a trade agreement.  The reason why the UK have got a good free trade deal  agreement with the EU is because Boris Johnson proved he was prepared to walk away from a bad trade deal.  

I think what actually pushed the deal is France closing the border tbh. and i wouldnt get so excited about it if i was you because i bet its far from what youd want or expext being a hardcore brextremist.

Andre walker doesnt seem too happy with parliament not getting time to scrutinise the deal

He reckons things will be hidden in the detail. funny thing is if i remember right brextremists didnt want parliament to scrutinise things when it was about overturning leaver things?

The reason we have a mediocre trade deal is because...

You know what, I just can’t be bothered. Have a nice Christmas Westie.

50 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

Farage has been on TV and said the deal is a big improvement on Mays deal.  He says its not perfect but time to move on now and put Brexit behind us. 

In that case I won’t rush to read the detail.

Because just as Brexit was not “done”,neither are the practicalities of making the various agreements work without a long period of adjustment.

I could never balance the intangible benefits of Sovereignty with the all too real difficulties cause by our departure from the EU,so some sadness remains.

I will be grateful for small mercies.

Edited by RJRB

25 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Given the tariffs on economic goods and services will undoubtedly hit the economy hard, I just wonder whether the Government will resort to type and become ever more restrictive about employees rights at work? I know that a few weeks ago, Ministers said on the contrary, we could have better wages, better working conditions and employee rights. However, that seems to go against the grain for Tories. And as said, even though we have a deal, as your tweet from Nick Robinson makes clear, the deal is thin.

Financial services passport is the bin. What's that a cost to the taxpayer in lost tax  from it. £1bn a year? More?

47 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Financial services passport is the bin. What's that a cost to the taxpayer in lost tax  from it. £1bn a year? More?

Ive read on twitter services is 75% to 80% of GDP?

Edited by melthebell

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Ive read on twitter services is 75% to 80% of GDP?

£72.6 billion in service exports to the EU in 2018 - by far and away our biggest export market

https://www.ons.gov.uk/businessindustryandtrade/internationaltrade/bulletins/internationaltradeinservices/2018

"UK exports of services to Europe increased by 17.6% in 2018, from £80.9 billion in 2017 to £95.2 billion. This was driven by increases in UK service exports to the EU, which increased by £10.1 billion to £72.6 billion, largely because of increased exports to Ireland, Sweden, the Netherlands, and Austria."

Obviously it was worth risking for a few fish....................................................

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

Farage has been on TV and said the deal is a big improvement on Mays deal.  He says its not perfect but time to move on now and put Brexit behind us. 

So he's read and digested the 2000 page document?  I doubt it.

Just more lies and posturing from the man with the children with German passports...

UK back into the EU - support the movement now!

Edited by Litotes