Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

42 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Financial services is worth £132bn and is reduced to 90 words in 2000 page document.

Financial Services are under no serious threat, Indy and Guardian were predicting 100-200,000  job losses in London, in actual fact around 6000 have moved, many of those German ex-pats returning home according to Der Spiegel,  those jobs in the UK have already been replaced, London employing more now than in 2016.

https://www.cityam.com/london-retains-finance-jobs-as-brexit-fails-to-deliver-blow-to-the-city/

The Tesco Chairman say changes to food prices under the Brexit deal are likely to be very modest, it would hardly be felt in terms of the prices that consumers are paying.    Can’t speak for all supermarkets but Morrison’s had already started to buy products outside of the EU in case there wasn’t a deal with the EU.  

The fisherman might not have got everything they wanted but are they going to be worse off had we remained in the EU?

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Of course Macron and Merkel are happy because their nations still have tariff free access to the World's 5th largest economy.  As a Leave voter I'm happy with the outcome but would still have been happy to trade on WTO terms.

I’m also happy with the outcome.  At first I wanted WTO, but if I’m honest I didn’t understand it.  As Farage says this deal is much better than Mrs Mays deal.  

3 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I’m also happy with the outcome.  At first I wanted WTO, but if I’m honest I didn’t understand it.  As Farage says this deal is much better than Mrs Mays deal.  

Don't think that Farage is the objective purveyor of balanced judgements, or even facts in matters relating to the European Union.

9 minutes ago, hauxwell said:

If you mean how is Boris Johnson's Brexit deal different from Theresa May's?  Then I’m going to say not really,  but I’m more than happy if you want to  explain the difference.

Maybe you can tell us which bits of the agreement you like.

And tell us how those bits differ from Theresa May’s deal.

1 hour ago, Pettytom said:

Maybe you can tell us which bits of the agreement you like.

And tell us how those bits differ from Theresa May’s deal.

- Elected British representatives being accountable for decision making (excitingly we can vote them out if we don't like them!)

- End to Freedom of Movement

- End to supremacy of the ECJ

- Ability to trade with third parties on deal terms the British government has agreed to

Happy to supply more as needed... 

As for comparison with May; that was a Withdrawal Agreement which is totally distinct from the Christmas Eve EU-UK T&C Agreement so asking that is comparing apples with oranges.