Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

59 minutes ago, Obelix said:

Well there is little to be positive about the UK now, and to be honest - I'm quite happy for it to fail hard and fast as a warning to others who decide to leave the EU. Achieve it's potential? I don't give a rat's ass if it does to be honest any more. The UK made it's bed it can lie and rot into obscurity in it.

Unfortunately we can neither ask you to opt out or bar you from any future success.  When its up & running properly, like the rest of the naysayers, you'll be there, expecting your share. 

Edited by Baron99

16 hours ago, Baron99 said:

I think you'll find its the other way round?  For many Remainers, the reality of the UK leaving still hasn't sunk in 4 & a half years down the line & they stil believe there's a fight to be had rather than use that energy to make the country achieve potential, they'd rather keep moaning in the hope of their 'I told you so' moment. 

Sometimes on this thread I find it incredible how some people can be so negative about their own country, that they'd take joy in seeing it fail, when ultimately if it fails, they will suffer as well. 

It's like a perverse form of schadenfreude in that they'd take pleasure in inflicting doom, gloom  & misfortune on themselves, in the hope of proving a point. 

Isn't that what Brexit is about.

Doom and gloom has been inflicted needlessly on the people of this country, to prove a point?

You complain about people who voted to remain say 'I told you so', did you complain about people who voted to leave saying 'you lost get over it'?

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Isn't that what Brexit is about.

Doom and gloom has been inflicted needlessly on the people of this country, to prove a point?

You complain about people who voted to remain say 'I told you so', did you complain about people who voted to leave saying 'you lost get over it'?

People REALLY do need to move on.

I have moved on, I was just responding to your question :huh:

So it seems you don't like people who voted remain saying 'I told you so', but you're quite happy to gloat over remainers losing the referendum. Hmmm, that'd be right :suspect: 

17 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Isn't that what Br exit is about.

On 24/12/2020 at 16:39, Baron99 said:

Luvin' it, luvin it. Just looking back over the few pages since the mention that a Brexit deal was to be done.  All the Remainers, in the verge of apoplexy, at the thought, hoping against hope it won't happen.  Really, I can hardly hear Boris for the knashing & grinding of teeth. 

I'm taking a break until the New Year from SF, so can I wish ALL a Merry Xmas & Happy New Year.  See you on the other side, in the brave new world of 2021.  And remember, even if you didn't vote to leave you ARE coming along for the ride & there's no dropping out.  There are no height restrictions. 

Edited by Mister M

2 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

People REALLY do need to move on.

We are moving on by discussing the consequences of Brexit.

Feel free to chip in with good news stories as they arise .

For the time being it is apparent that in the short term there is a lack of preparedness on the part of Government and commerce as a result of the self imposed deadlines  required to get Brexit done.

Brexit isn’t done.Its an ongoing project and we are in the early stages.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Unfortunately we can neither ask you to opt out or bar you from any future success.  When its up & running properly, like the rest of the naysayers, you'll be there, expecting your share. 

We can't opt out of any future failure either. You'll be there though, expecting us to take a share of that.

1 hour ago, RJRB said:

We are moving on by discussing the consequences of Brexit.

Feel free to chip in with good news stories as they arise .

For the time being it is apparent that in the short term there is a lack of preparedness on the part of Government and commerce as a result of the self imposed deadlines  required to get Brexit done.

Brexit isn’t done.Its an ongoing project and we are in the early stages.

But you're not moving on.  If people who voted Leave actually stayed off this thread for say a week, we'd see nothing but a echo chamber with disillusioned Remain voters trying to out do one another with tales of woe, much like a sad Brexit parody of Monty Python's 'Four Yorkshire men', sketch as to who can top who, with their despair.  Some people do honestly seem to wallow in their perceived  misery. 

You say we're in the early stages, so at least you've recognised that, less than a month in. 

20 minutes ago, altus said:

We can't opt out of any future failure either. You'll be there though, expecting us to take a share of that.

Another who has their heart set on not trying to make it work.  You just sit on the sideline. 

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

But you're not moving on.  If people who voted Leave actually stayed off this thread for say a week, we'd see nothing but a echo chamber with disillusioned Remain voters trying to out do one another with tales of woe, much like a sad Brexit parody of Monty Python's 'Four Yorkshire men', sketch as to who can top who, with their despair.  Some people do honestly seem to wallow in their perceived  misery. 

You say we're in the early stages, so at least you've recognised that, less than a month in. 

You’ve basically described this thread.....