Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Guest makapaka

Need to be careful with all this.

the media are panicking about a lack of bad Covid news and need something else to feed on.

it would be interesting to see some proper journalism on what is happening in Northern Ireland - whether it’s a small minority or a genuine political change.

I’m worried it will get hyped up in the wrong direction to fill the void.

3 hours ago, RJRB said:

You start your list and I will start mine

Ahh, but I asked first..... :) 

If it cannot be explained why or how a hard Brexit has been catastrophic (a failure or disaster) then I don't need to put forward any explanation about it being a success.

Edited by apelike

4 hours ago, altus said:

Those leading the leave campaigns were either delusional as to what they could achieve or simply lying to get people to vote for them.

I think it was the former and for many just an ego trip to get Brexit passed.

18 hours ago, apelike said:

Ahh, but I don't believe there can't be negatives though.

“We have repeatedly urged HM Government, political leaders and Institutions to take seriously our warnings of the dangerous consequences of imposing this hard border on us and the need for earnest dialogue to resolve matters. We reiterate that message now,” the Loyalist Communities Council said.

"To date there has been a spectacular collective failure to understand properly the scale and nature of Unionist and Loyalist anger. Indeed there is a complete failure to understand Loyalists as people and equal citizens.

A new Protocol must be negotiated... this means no hard border between Northern Ireland and the rest of the United Kingdom, and no hard border on this island.

https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/belfast-riots-loyalist-communities-council-20351387

Edited by Delbow

10 hours ago, apelike said:

I think it was the former and for many just an ego trip to get Brexit passed.

It was probably the case for some. I think the hardcore Brexit at any cost brigade were more likely be to in  the say anything to get people to vote for Brexit group. Look at the Farage's Nazi propaganda inspired queue of migrants photo and the official leave campaign's Turkey's about to join the EU and 80 million people will want to move to the UK leaflet.