Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Guest sibon
3 minutes ago, Delbow said:

This is terrible news. It risks undoing the whole peace process (God, let's hope not). I've no confidence in Johnson sorting it out, his primary concern will be avoiding taking any responsibility.

There isn’t a way to sort it out. It is an inevitable consequence of Brexit. Just one of the many downsides to a stupid idea.

A friend in Ireland has just told me the the border between NI and the Republic has more crossing points than the Canada/USA border and the EU's eastern border combined. That would seem to make a hard border between the two impossible, so we are stuck with a border in the Irish Sea. 

1 hour ago, Delbow said:

A friend in Ireland has just told me the the border between NI and the Republic has more crossing points than the Canada/USA border and the EU's eastern border combined. That would seem to make a hard border between the two impossible, so we are stuck with a border in the Irish Sea. 

The story only holds up when referring to all approved and unapproved Irish crossings. Many of which include footpaths and tracks.
The comparative figures used from USA & EU are the official road crossings.

21 minutes ago, enntee said:

The story only holds up when referring to all approved and unapproved Irish crossings. Many of which include footpaths and tracks.
The comparative figures used from USA & EU are the official road crossings.

Thanks for that. Doesn't that make it even harder to have an operable border though?

22 hours ago, Delbow said:

But most legit bussinesses would not run illegal lorries.

Just looking at the FTSE 100 and 250, in the last 5 years the FTSE 100 has increased by around 9% whereas the FTSE 250 has increased by 30%

So the large internatioanal companies are doing less well when compared to the smaller UK companies. I am not an expert on these matters, is that correct?