Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I find that very hard to believe.

Well it's been widely reported, and You Gov, the polling company who undertook the survey are a reputable data analytic firm. Set up by the ex chairman of the Conservative Party, Nadhim Zahawi.

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

Well it's been widely reported, and You Gov, the polling company who undertook the survey are a reputable data analytic firm. Set up by the ex chairman of the Conservative Party, Nadhim Zahawi.

I do not doubt it was widely reported but surveys are not always accurate or a complete representation of the views of the majority.

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Politicaly there are 6 counties in N. Ireland which are part of the UK.

You omit to mention the Ulster Defence Regiment.

Why exactly would I mention the Ulster Defence Regiment? The Provinces of Ireland are older than England. That is why Ireland is unique among the four countries in these islands in having Provinces. They existed before the Anglo-Norman invasion and as the Anglo Normans spoke French they referred to them by the French word for what they were, Provinces a part of a country.

There are nine counties in Ulster. The Ulster Defence Regiment only applies to six of them. Likewise, the since disbanded RUC was misnamed because once again it only applied to six out of the nine. Northern Ireland is such an undemocratic made up gerrymandered bit of another country that it has never been able to describe itself accurately. It's not Northern Ireland, Donegal is further north, it's not Ulster there are nine Ulster counties, not six. 

So once again, what are you on about? What has the existence of a misnamed regiment got to do with what we were talking about?

12 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Why exactly would I mention the Ulster Defence Regiment? The Provinces of Ireland are older than England. That is why Ireland is unique among the four countries in these islands in having Provinces. They existed before the Anglo-Norman invasion and as the Anglo Normans spoke French they referred to them by the French word for what they were, Provinces a part of a country.

There are nine counties in Ulster. The Ulster Defence Regiment only applies to six of them. Likewise, the since disbanded RUC was misnamed because once again it only applied to six out of the nine. Northern Ireland is such an undemocratic made up gerrymandered bit of another country that it has never been able to describe itself accurately. It's not Northern Ireland, Donegal is further north, it's not Ulster there are nine Ulster counties, not six. 

So once again, what are you on about? What has the existence of a misnamed regiment got to do with what we were talking about?

You are  mixing up with geography and politics.

Northern Ireland was formed in 1921 I think when the 6 counties were included in it as part of the UK.

The Ulster Defence Regiment did not operate in the Ulster counties you refer to as they are part of the Republic.

Are you aware that there are 6 counties in Northern Ireland and 26 in the South.

Edited by harvey19

13 minutes ago, Magilla said:

"There can be no disguising the fact that in some sectors of our economy EU law remains applicable in Northern Ireland.", Jeffrey Donaldson, the DUP leader :?

The EU made a major concession for Northern Ireland in order to help preserve the Good Friday Agreement. The Republic of Ireland has done the same for the same reason, NI will have a trading advantage because of ease of access to two separate markets.

The EU has every right to protect its borders, therefore EU oversight is reasonable.

46 minutes ago, Axe said:

You could not vote remain again in another referendum because the UK are no longer a member of the EU.

You sound like a broken record by repeating your wrong prediction of a total fail under the Tories.  Sunak is a Tory prime minister and has successfully negotiated an amicable change to the Northern Ireland protocol. 

Yebbut what about other aspects of Brexit? Such as trade deals between the UK/Other European Countries?

I suppose they're irrelevant?

You are getting mixed up.

Northern Ireland was formed in 1921 I think when the 6 counties were included in it as part of the UK.

The Ulster Defence Regiment did not operate in the Ulster counties you refer to as they are part of the Republic.

Are you aware that there are 6 counties in Northern Ireland.

You are getting mixed up.

Are you aware that there are 6 counties in Northern Ireland.

I'm getting mixed up?  The Ulster Defence Regiment was formed in 1972. Despite using the name Ulster it only ever represented six of the nine counties of the province.

" Are you aware that there are 6 counties in Northern Ireland ". Read my second paragraph at post 5549.    " There are nine counties in Northern Ireland the Ulster Defence Regiment only applies to six of them. "

And again, what has the Ulster Defence Regiment got to do with the subject being discussed?  You introduced them into the conversion and I'm unable to see what the relevence is. 

31 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'm getting mixed up?  The Ulster Defence Regiment was formed in 1972. Despite using the name Ulster it only ever represented six of the nine counties of the province.

" Are you aware that there are 6 counties in Northern Ireland ". Read my second paragraph at post 5549.    " There are nine counties in Northern Ireland the Ulster Defence Regiment only applies to six of them. "

And again, what has the Ulster Defence Regiment got to do with the subject being discussed?  You introduced them into the conversion and I'm unable to see what the relevence is. 

You replied before I edited my post.

My edited post read "You are getting mixed up between geography and politics "

My reference to the UDR started when I referred to N. Ireland as Ulster.

It illustrates that there are 6 counties recognised as Ulster politically  in N. Ireland and within the UKs border.

Geographicaly you may be correct but that does not alter the component parts of N. Ireland.

26 counties in the south and 6 in the north.