Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

14 hours ago, sibon said:

I think that it is time to put this thread to bed.

The consequences of Brexit are dire for the UK. Less so for the EU, but still not great.

It was a massive mistake, but we somehow have to climb out of the other side and try to move forward.

None of that makes me resent leave voters any less, just in case you were wondering. This mess is all their doing.

No.

"Tolerance will reach such a level that intelligent people will be banned from thinking so as not to offend the imbeciles." (allegedly Dostoevsky)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Indeed, I voted remain because A) Unlike most of the original leave voters, I don't hate immigrants B) I predicted the total fail that is Brexit under the Tories would happen, and it has done.

Good grief, state of that!!!

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:
7 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Indeed, I voted remain because A) Unlike most of the original leave voters, I don't hate immigrants B) I predicted the total fail that is Brexit under the Tories would happen, and it has done.

Good grief, state of that!!!

Hmmm. It's possibly one of the most stupid posts I've seen on here and that's saying something. Perhaps he was being 'funny'?

1 minute ago, The_DADDY said:

Hmmm. It's possibly one of the most stupid posts I've seen on here and that's saying something. Perhaps he was being 'funny'?

I was being serious.

A lot of the original leave vote in 2016 was indeed due to people with a BIG Axe to grind against immigration, legal or otherwise IMO.

Just now, XPertByExperien said:

I was being serious.

A lot of the original leave vote in 2016 was indeed due to people with a BIG Axe to grind against immigration, legal or otherwise IMO.

Ahhh, in your opinion. 

You can't just pain leavers as racist. That's just daft.

1 minute ago, Al Bundy said:

I am sure the likes of Mick Lynch would pull him up on his statement.

That wouldn't be pretty 🤣

1 minute ago, XPertByExperien said:

I was being serious.

I've no doubt many folks voted for brexit thinking it would help with the illegal immigration problem but to actually state its because of a hatred of immigrants is not only ridiculous at best but incredibly silly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XPertByExperien said:

Firstly:         You should not make wide ranging statements without the proof to back them up.

People voted leave for all kinds of different reasons,  some maybe because they don't want more immigration, but certainly not all.

Secondly:  all people who want to cut down on levels of immigration, ( like myself ),  DO NOT  hate immigrants.

Some of us can see we live in a country with a desperate shortage of housing (especially at reasonable rents) and a desperate shortage of Doctors, Nurses, Dentists, Teachers and all kinds of other skills.

Due to this,  we cannot properly serve the population we have already got, let alone alone try to cope with hundreds of thousands more.

Some of our politicians need reminding of this fact.

If they let in just another thousand families, are they going to build a thousand homes for them to live in and recruit the extra health staff etc to look after them?

It's a good idea to stop quoting the stirrers in the media and have a little think about the situation.

OR,  you could offer to house, feed and clothe, a poor immigrant family who may badly need it.

3 minutes ago, L00b said:

The xenophobic component of the Leave vote is long-established.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/brexit-prejudice-scientists-link-foreigners-immigrants-racism-xenophobia-leave-eu-a8078586.html

Not all Leavers were racists, I’m sure. But I’m equally sure that all racist voters voted Leave.

Is this just your opinion?