Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

I see Boris isn't overly happy, so the Windsor Framework must be doing something right :thumbsup:

He is right that it effectively locks N.I into existing EU law... the DUP will have to back down.

Will also make divergence far more problematic.

Edited by Magilla

2 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Is this just your opinion?

No, it's mine too.

You need to get things into perspective. If 1% of those who voted in the referendum are racist and they all voted leave, that still means over 98% of those who voted leave are not racist. The only way anyone could think that the statement 'all racists voted leave' implies even a significant percentage of leave voters are racist is if they think a significant percentage of the population are racist.

Just now, altus said:

No, it's mine too.

Snipped 

So no facts. Just the opinion of a couple of conspiracy theorists. Gotcha 👍 

3 minutes ago, altus said:

You need to get things into perspective. If 1% of those who voted in the referendum are racist and they all voted leave, that still means over 98% of those who voted leave are not racist. The only way anyone could think that the statement 'all racists voted leave' implies even a significant percentage of leave voters are racist is if they think a significant percentage of the population are racist.

L00b said....

"But I’m equally sure that all racist voters voted Leave."

Unless L00b or yourself asked them all then you simply can't say that.

You're both assuming.

9 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Hmmm, it looks like it 👍

The only three people that I know pesonally that admit they voted Leave are all xenophobic to some degree. Daily Mail readers and not particularly interested in politics, so didn't do any deep research before the referendum. They have in the past told me that immigration and Take Back Control were their main reasons for voting the way they did. All three of them are decent people and none of them would harm someone because they were of a different ethnicity but it's a fact they hold non PC views.

One of them died over a year ago and the other two no longer wish to discuss Brexit. Yes, it's only three and by no means all Brexiteers are racist but to attempt to say that those views didn't play a part in the result isn't on. 

Just now, m williamson said:

The only three people that I know pesonally that admit they voted Leave are all xenophobic to some degree. Daily Mail readers and not particularly interested in politics, so didn't do any deep research before the referendum. They have in the past told me that immigration and Take Back Control were their main reasons for voting the way they did. All three of them are decent people and none of them would harm someone because they were of a different ethnicity but it's a fact they hold non PC views.

One of them died over a year ago and the other two no longer wish to discuss Brexit. Yes, it's only three and by no means all Brexiteers are racist but to attempt to say that those views didn't play a part in the result isn't on. 

On the flip side not a single person I know who voted leave could even come close to be considered a racist or xenophobic. 

Not one.

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

On the flip side not a single person I know who voted leave could even come close to be considered a racist or xenophobic. 

Not one.

Unless you yourself asked them all then you simply can't say that.

You're assuming.