Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Just now, altus said:

Unless you yourself asked them all then you simply can't say that.

You're assuming.

Poor attempt at best. 

So let's get this straight. You KNOW all racists voted leave even though you don't know them, never met them and likely never will but you KNOW they are.

Yet the people I actually KNOW personally  for many many years, drank with them, gone on holiday with them, gone to dinner with them etc etc voted leave because they are racist, yet I had absolutely no idea they were infact racist?

That's some logic there 🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

On the flip side not a single person I know who voted leave could even come close to be considered a racist or xenophobic. 

Not one.

Fair enough, but that doesn't prove that all racists weren't Brexit voters. Those I know/knew were all mildly racist, that doesn't mean that certain very PC people didn't vote Brexit as well. I get tired of hearing how it was the elderly hankering after the empire that swung the vote. I'm in my mid 70s and voted Remain for purely pragmatic economic reasons, plus I'm half Irish and it was bleeding obvious what the problem was going to be there.

There were undoubtably a number of reasons and a dislike of foreigners was definitely one of them.

Brexit was a vote that effected us all and it was a vote that ensured that the general public would be worse off while members of the Rich List would become richer. That's what's happened, it's been a colossal mistake that has seriously damaged the wealth and reputation of the country.

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Poor attempt at best. 

So let's get this straight. You KNOW all racists voted leave even though you don't know them, never met them and likely never will but you KNOW they are.

Yet the people I actually KNOW personally  for many many years, drank with them, gone on holiday with them, gone to dinner with them etc etc voted leave because they are racist, yet I had absolutely no idea they were infact racist?

That's some logic there 🤣

You said everyone you know, not everyone you know well. Some racist people are quite good at hiding the fact.

I think it's reasonable to assume that practically all, of not actually all, racists who voted in the referendum voted leave. Some leave voters protest so much about any suggestion of that that it makes me wonder if they are perhaps protesting too much. So what if a very small percentage of leave voters are racist? It doesn't imply that the vast majority of leave voters are. If you are worried that people might think you are racist, it's not going to be the fact that you voted leave that will cause them to do so.

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Fair enough, but that doesn't prove that all racists weren't Brexit voters. Those I know/knew were all mildly racist, that doesn't mean that certain very PC people didn't vote Brexit as well. I get tired of hearing how it was the elderly hankering after the empire that swung the vote. I'm in my mid 70s and voted Remain for purely pragmatic economic reasons, plus I'm half Irish and it was bleeding obvious what the problem was going to be there.

There were undoubtably a number of reasons and a dislike of foreigners was definitely one of them.

Brexit was a vote that effected us all and it was a vote that ensured that the general public would be worse off while members of the Rich List would become richer. That's what's happened, it's been a colossal mistake that has seriously damaged the wealth and reputation of the country.

I think we are starting to go round in circles here. People voted leave for many reasons. To suggest racism is a main or even a contributing factor is insulting and rather childish. 

Did some racist vote leave? Probably. 

So what? Their vote their choice.

It's done, move on and please, enough with the racist brush. 

I'll repeat this. Not one person I know who voted leave could even come close to being called a racist. Not one. Zero.

With respect I guess I'm just more careful who I chose to associate with.

8 minutes ago, altus said:

You said everyone you know, not everyone you know well. Some racist people are quite good at hiding the fact.

I think it's reasonable to assume that practically all, of not actually all, racists who voted in the referendum voted leave. Some leave voters protest so much about any suggestion of that that it makes me wonder if they are perhaps protesting too much. So what if a very small percentage of leave voters are racist? It doesn't imply that the vast majority of leave voters are. If you are worried that people might think you are racist, it's not going to be the fact that you voted leave that will cause them to do so.

That's where we differ. 

30 minutes ago, altus said:

Snipped 

If you are worried that people might think you are racist, it's not going to be the fact that you voted leave that will cause them to do so.

My bold.

Why would I be worried about that?

8 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

People were called stupid and ill informed for voting for Brexit now they are being called racist.

Pathetic to say the least.

I agree it's quite sad but hey ho, the leavers won, the remainers lost and sadly they appear rather salty.......Still!

8 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I think we are starting to go round in circles here. People voted leave for many reasons. To suggest racism is a main or even a contributing factor is insulting and rather childish. 

Did some racist vote leave? Probably. 

So what? Their vote their choice.

It's done, move on and please, enough with the racist brush. 

I'll repeat this. Not one person I know who voted leave could even come close to being called a racist. Not one. Zero.

With respect I guess I'm just more careful who I chose to associate with.

That's where we differ. 

So you vet everyone as to their personal opinions before any friendship develops  and reject them if they don't reach your high standards do you

I've found generally speaking that sanctimonious people tend to also be somewhat hypocritical people, the two character traits have a tendecy to go hand in hand. Or  perhaps it's just that I know more people than you do?

It isn't done, a common misconception of Brexiteers. Democracy and politics in general are never done. There were politicians like Bill Cash who were opposed to our joining the EEC and they didn't go away and neither will those who want to rescue the country from the self inflicted unmitigated disaster.

The Prime Minister has just announced in Northern Ireland that the statelet has gained a wonderful economic advantage by remaining part of the Single Market.

We're not rejoining the EU, I doubt they'd have us, but rejoining the Single Market would be a step on the way to recovery.

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

So you vet everyone as to their personal opinions before any friendship develops  and reject them if they don't reach your high standards do you

Snipped

That's just silly 🙄

Let me ask. You have a friend, said friend seems OK, a good sort, you develop a friendship over time.

Turns out your friend is a thief. You know this because you saw him/her steal something.

Do you A, Keep them as a friend?

Or

B, Kick them to the curb?

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Snipped 

I've found generally speaking that sanctimonious people tend to also be somewhat hypocritical people, the two character traits have a tendecy to go hand in hand. Or  perhaps it's just that I know more people than you do?

Snipped 

Ah, so that's the level you're on then is it?

10 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Snipped 

It isn't done, a common misconception of Brexiteers. Democracy and politics in general are never done. There were politicians like Bill Cash who were opposed to our joining the EEC and they didn't go away and neither will those who want to rescue the country from the self inflicted unmitigated disaster.

Snipped 

My bold.

Are you saying I'm a brexiteer?

Are you asking if I'm a brexiteer?

Are you assuming I'm a brexiteer?

If so, why?