Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

10 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I thought the point was that he has not changed the rules on testing.

What "testing" refers to here is anyone's guess?

Regardless, he has changed the rules... since now we have two backlogs instead of one! :hihi:

Edited by Magilla

14 minutes ago, Magilla said:

UK participation in EU Horizon programme delayed over talks on costs:

https://www.ft.com/content/79e1c192-16b5-495d-985c-7e012c73b113

The central irony:

"UK officials say the offer of a discount for 2021 and 2022, when the Britain was not part of Horizon, is not enough to account for the low levels of participation by British scientists, who have been reluctant to apply to Horizon-backed projects due to uncertainty over the UK’s future association with the scheme."

In translation:

"The UK is complaining that it should pay less due to the lack of confidence of its own scientists as a result of the UK's own policy decisions" :loopy:

Nothing says 'holding all the cards' like scratching at the door begging to be let in on the cheap. :hihi:

Magilla, you know very well that they need us more than we need them. I mean how many times do they have to tell us that before it sinks in?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

He's changed the rules on how the figures are recorded... what "testing" refers to here is anyone's guess?

Post 5889 from Organgrinder states in the first paragraph there will be no change in animal testing.

His second paragraph is just a moan about those in power.

I am confused !

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Magilla, you know very well that they need us more than we need them. I mean how many times do they have to tell us that before it sinks in?

Don't be taken in by Brexit being used as an excuse.

Given a few more years and determination Brexit will prove to be a success, we may even be able to coax our new King into helping it along.

4 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Post 5889 from Organgrinder states in the first paragraph there will be no change in animal testing.

His second paragraph is just a moan about those in power.

I am confused !

Don't be taken in by Brexit being used as an excuse.

Given a few more years and determination Brexit will prove to be a success, we may even be able to coax our new King into helping it along.

Post 5889 from me - The first paragraph was quoting Axe in post 5885 -  I did it like that to avoid having the whole log winded post repeated.

The second paragraph is my reply as to why we can't believe Sunak's intention as stated in paragraph one..

A bit of careful reading, and thinking,  bearing in mind the post before mine,  maybe would have saved you the confusion..

How can Brexit ever be a success if we are trading less than we did?

Introducing Charles into the subject is just a windup to set the republicans baying again.

Stick to one subject as you're making heavy weather of that.  You make something a success by doing less of it do you?????????

Edited by Organgrinder

I can't see any problems with that the P.M. said, in fact it is praiseworthy.

You wouldn't see any problem if you are the only one who hasn't noticed the further confidence trick that Sunak is doing.

He PROMISED,  ( not just said ),  that he would   STOP THEM COMING  and GET THE NUMBERS DOWN OF THOSE WHO ARE HERE.

He has NOT stopped them coming and he is NOT getting the numbers down by hiding them on barges instead of in hotels.

Tell us what's praiseworthy about a PM promising to end a problem, whilst carrying on adding to it?

With thinking like that,  no wonder you're happy to  support Sunak.

I thought the point was that he has not changed the rules on testing.

He only says he hasn't   and his word is his bond,  isn't it,  as with the boat people?

Edited by Organgrinder

Ministers call for immigration and UK food prices to increase:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/15/ministers-call-for-immigration-and-uk-food-prices-to-increase

Farmers and Defra ministers have been lobbying the Home Office to increase the number of temporary visas for agricultural workers, but a senior Defra source said Braverman was “ideologically opposed” to such a move.

Something tells me... they might be right...

...bad news for food prices though :?

Brexiter is as Brexiter does 😂

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/i-backed-brexit-but-were-back-to-declinism-and-i-might-move-to-italy-jrvvm8fpw

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Ministers call for immigration and UK food prices to increase:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/may/15/ministers-call-for-immigration-and-uk-food-prices-to-increase

Farmers and Defra ministers have been lobbying the Home Office to increase the number of temporary visas for agricultural workers, but a senior Defra source said Braverman was “ideologically opposed” to such a move.

Something tells me... they might be right...

...bad news for food prices though :?

I think this year’s net migration figures for the U.K. might shock a few 😉

(500k last year, mounting rumours of 700k this year)