Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

March 2019  Exports to EU £15,867 billion

Imports from EU £25.482 billion

March 2023   Exports to EU  £15.239 billion

Imports from  EU   £26.137 billion

Those figures look very similar as I stated.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/284750/united-kingdom-uk-total-eu-trade-in-goods-by-trade-value/

Inflation would mean that the same level of trade would be worth about 20% higher now than then. Or to put it another way, if the value of trade is the same, the amount of trade would have fallen to about 85% of what it was.

You can use the Bank of England's inflation calculator to check the effect of inflation.

4 minutes ago, altus said:

Inflation would mean that the same level of trade would be worth about 20% higher now than then. Or to put it another way, if the value of trade is the same, the amount of trade would have fallen to about 85% of what it was.

You can use the Bank of England's inflation calculator to check the effect of inflation.

There are other factors such as still recovering from the pandemic, the Russia / Ukraine war , cost of living etc.    The poster asked for evidence and I provided evidence to back up my claim that trade figures post Brexit are similar to what they were before the UK left the EU.  

If the UK had lost out to Spain regarding the Jaguar Land Rover battery plant we all know the usual suspects would have been gloating about it and blaming Brexit.  It is time for the usual suspects to accept and man up  that leaving the EU has not  been the disaster they hoped it would be.

9 minutes ago, Axe said:

There are other factors such as still recovering from the pandemic, the Russia / Ukraine war , cost of living etc.

Irrelevant. You claimed "The UK is not isolated at all and the post Brexit  free trade deal with the EU as resulted in similar trading figures as before Brexit was implemented." no mention of "other factors".

The poster asked for evidence and I provided evidence to back up my claim that trade figures post Brexit are similar to what they were before the UK left the EU.

So your claim hid the fall in trade in real terms (i.e. inflation adjusted) by focusing on the value of trade rather than the quantity of it.

If the UK had lost out to Spain regarding the Jaguar Land Rover battery plant we all know the usual suspects would have been gloating about it and blaming Brexit.  It is time for the usual suspects to accept and man up  that leaving the EU has not  been the disaster they hoped it would be.

It's time for brexiters to man up and admit that brexit hasn't even come close to providing the benefits they claimed it would.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

There are other factors such as still recovering from the pandemic, the Russia / Ukraine war , cost of living etc.   

It is time for the usual suspects to accept and man up  that leaving the EU has not  been the disaster they hoped it would be.

Those factors were not unique to the UK, they applied to most of the rest of the world as well. So why is the UK the only G7 member not to have recovered its economy to pre pandemic levels?

https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/09/uk-g7-economy-not-recovered-covid-crash

It is time for the gullible among us who were conned into voting to make themselves poorer to stop clutching at straws and accept that it's a disaster and we need to find a way to mitigate it and stop attempting to polish a turd.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-12-20/brexit-costs-government-40-billion-a-year-in-lost-tax-revenue

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09/brexit-cost-the-uk-billions-in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

16 minutes ago, altus said:

Irrelevant. You claimed "The UK is not isolated at all and the post Brexit  free trade deal with the EU as resulted in similar trading figures as before Brexit was implemented." no mention of "other factors".

So your claim hid the fall in trade in real terms (i.e. inflation adjusted) by focusing on the value of trade rather than the quantity of it.

It's time for brexiters to man up and admit that brexit hasn't even come close to providing the benefits they claimed it would.

13 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Those factors were not unique to the UK, they applied to most of the rest of the world as well. So why is the UK the only G7 member not to have recovered its economy to pre pandemic levels?

https://www.newstatesman.com/chart-of-the-day/2022/09/uk-g7-economy-not-recovered-covid-crash

It is time for the gullible among us who were conned into voting to make themselves poorer to stop clutching at straws and accept that it's a disaster and we need to find a way to mitigate it and stop attempting to polish a turd.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-12-20/brexit-costs-government-40-billion-a-year-in-lost-tax-revenue

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09/brexit-cost-the-uk-billions-in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

I did not expect either of you to man up.  It is only Drama Queens who believe Brexit has been a disaster.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

I did not expect either of you to man up.  It is only Drama Queens who believe Brexit has been a disaster.  

And it's only the completely delusional that can ignore facts and try to convince others that up is down and black is white.

Then again, not really that surprising when coming from a stranger to the truth,  " I voted Remain " of course you did Westy, of course you did 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Reducing immigration was a key factor is why people voted for Brexit.

Not worked out that way has it?

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Reducing immigration was a key factor is why people voted for Brexit.

Not worked out that way has it?

Evening M, If you get a response I expect it’ll start like this.

‘A poor contribution from one of the cheeky girls’.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Evening M, If you get a response I expect it’ll start like this.

‘A poor contribution from one of the cheeky girls’.

You're probably right.

Still, at least it's a tiny bit more advanced than his other usual reply "yawn", to when he can't think of any other answer.