Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Always look on the bright side of life !

In other threads, many of your posts clearly do not do that! :thumbsup:

I wonder why? 🤣

Have you noticed there are never any statues of critics.

I'll wager that there will never be one of any Brexiteer, or leading proponent of Brexit, anywhere in the UK... ever!

Where's your statue, BTW? :loopy:

Edited by Magilla

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

In other threads, many of your posts clearly do not do that! :thumbsup:

I wonder why? 🤣

I think you are mistaken, I am an happy person who tries to see the best in people and situations.

5 minutes ago, Magilla said:

I'll wager that there will never be one of any Brexiteer, or leading proponent of Brexit, anywhere in the UK... ever!

Where's your statue, BTW? :loopy:

There won't be any statue to me except the headstone on my grave.

17 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think you are mistaken, I am an happy person who tries to see the best in people and situations.

There won't be any statue to me except the headstone on my grave.

The inscription on the headstone will read

' Here lies the body of harvey19, he died of unrequited expectation, but with a smile on his face '.

6 hours ago, Axe said:

It is harder for undesirables from the eastern European EU countries to move to the UK post Brexit.  We need to have ID cards to make checks on anyone looking suspicious and no talking with a British accent.

1. We can't enforce small boat arrivals to have an ID Card prior to entering. 

2. Instead, the Home Office take their biometric information on arrival

3. If they are given permission to stay in the UK, their biometric information is stored on their permit (ID card essentially).

4. If they are deported, their biometric information is stored and if another attempt is made to enter the country, they are identified 

9 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The inscription on the headstone will read

' Here lies the body of harvey19, he died of unrequited expectation, but with a smile on his face '.

Probably very true LOL.  !

PS. If we end up in the same care home we can carry on the debate

Edited by harvey19

On 20/05/2023 at 17:48, m williamson said:

See my response to Baron99 at #6113. The only revisionism here is being attempted by you.

The nice words on the paper were written whilst several million pairs of British, French, American and Russian boots were on the ground in full control of Germany. The Americans wrote the German Constitution...Nato were the only market for German weapons... without the occupation and all that went with it the words mean nothing... they alone don't prevent the Germans rising again, the utter destruction, partition and occupation do. 

Edited by sadbrewer

5 minutes ago, sadbrewer said:

The nice words on the paper don't prevent the Germans rising again, the utter destruction, partition and occupation do. 

Germany has been reunified for 33 years, it has the strongest economy in Europe, there is no prospect whatsoever of Germany going to war with a fellow EU member.

During the First World War the three most powerful nations in the world at that time were Great Britain, Russia and Germany.

King George V , Czar Nicholas II and Kaiser Wilhelm II were all grandchildren of Queen Victoria who had married Prince Albert her German first cousin.

So the King, the Kaiser and the Czar were first cousins, they were family. Despite which their countrys went to war with each other and millions died as a result.

Since the formation of the EEC which became the EU no member state has been at war with another member nation. That is the longest period of peace between those European countries since the end of Pax Romana which ended over 1,800 years ago. To disregard those facts and try to deny the impact that the EEC/EU has had on maintaining peace in Europe is nonsensicle.

Ukraine and Russia are both European countries, they are currently at war with each other. Ukraine applied to join the EU, it applied on the 28th of February 2022, exactly four days after Russia invaded Ukraine. 

I doubt trade was the foremost reason for the application.

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 15:18, Axe said:

If the UK had lost out to Spain regarding the Jaguar Land Rover battery plant we all know the usual suspects would have been gloating about it and blaming Brexit.  It is time for the usual suspects to accept and man up  that leaving the EU has not  been the disaster they hoped it would be.

You do know the Jaguar Battery plant is coming here now because they want to but because they were bribed to, we spent allegedly 500 million to persuade them to come here, obviously Spain didnt.

Some would say if we were still in the EU they may have come here without having to give them a 500 million bribe.

but hey ho sovereignty eh?

what could our own hard done by Brits do with a slice of 500 million

Edited by melthebell

14 hours ago, melthebell said:

You do know the Jaguar Battery plant is coming here now because they want to but because they were bribed to, we spent allegedly 500 million to persuade them to come here, obviously Spain didnt.

Some would say if we were still in the EU they may have come here without having to give them a 500 million bribe.

Another poor contributor who does not know the difference between a bribe and subsidies. 

You have no credibility because when the UK were in the EU Jaguar Land Rover did not decide to build their new factory in the UK and chose Slovakia instead.

The £500 million taxpayers investment is intended to create  good jobs which will be a boost for the whole area,

On 27/05/2023 at 17:55, melthebell said:

It's the going rate to attract industry...Tesla Europe was between the UK and Germany...Germany gave $1.2b in subsidies to Musk.