Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I am a bit confused you emphasised People from Europe and America entering Britain via Southern Ireland without passport checks.

Then you complain Brexit did not enforce border control.

Do you want border controls implemented ?

I was simply pointing out that all the crap about Taking Back Control was exactly that, crap

We have lost control, damaged our economy and our international reputation. Our politicians have demonstrated their duplicity and incompetence and our electorate have demonstrated their gullibility and delusion to the world.

And yes, you are confused, please point out Southern Ireland on that map.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0H44u3FBRlg3f9QtKNTn

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

(…)

Do you want border controls implemented ?

Today in the Commons, Robert Jenrick MP was threatening lawyers, who advise refugees which the British government deems to be illegals, with a life prison term. The video is floating about on the web. That's your immigration minister, by the way, going full-on protofascist. SNAFU.

I think it’s in everybody’s best interest that the UK sets about that implementation sometime soon. Don’t forget about the agrifood customs checks this time, you haven't had enough food inflation yet and your food security situation still isn't trashed enough.

Somebody mentioned up-thread that the Tories will likely campaign on exiting the ECHR next year, under the sunlit uplands-grade falsehood that doing so would allow them to solve the small boats issue.

Exiting the ECHR can’t begin to solve that issue, no more than Brexiting could begin to solve the (inexistent) issues with the EU...but it would certainly strip you of your human rights, in the exact same way the Tories successfully stripped you of your EU rights.

Edited by L00b

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

I was simply pointing out that all the crap about Taking Back Control was exactly that, crap

We have lost control, damaged our economy and our international reputation. Our politicians have demonstrated their duplicity and incompetence and our electorate have demonstrated their gullibility and delusion to the world.

And yes, you are confused, please point out Southern Ireland on that map.  

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0H44u3FBRlg3f9QtKNTn

I am not confused at all.

The island of Ireland is known as Northern and Southern Ireland by most people.

33 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I am not confused at all.

The island of Ireland is known as Northern and Southern Ireland by most people.

Then most people are wrong aren't they? The Republic of Ireland is known constitutionally as Ireland and the other part of the island is known as Northern Ireland.

Adding an incorrect geographical prefix to the single word correct description 'Ireland' is nonsensical.

As you can plainly see from the map provided in my previous post Ireland includes the northernmost part of the country, so it's pretty stupid to refer to it as Southern Ireland isn't it?

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Then most people are wrong aren't they? The Republic of Ireland is known constitutionally as Ireland and the other part of the island is known as Northern Ireland.

Adding an incorrect geographical prefix to the single word correct description 'Ireland' is nonsensical.

As you can plainly see from the map provided in my previous post Ireland includes the northernmost part of the country, so it's pretty stupid to refer to it as Southern Ireland isn't it?

Thats very petty :rolleyes:

59 minutes ago, m williamson said:

No, it is what most people refer to it as to distinguish it from Northern Ireland.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

No, it is what most people refer to it as to distinguish it from Northern Ireland.

Most people are ignorant of the facts.

That is understandable, because most people in this country are pretty clueless when it comes to anything to do with Ireland.

That's not a big deal especially, but when someone has had a fact pointed out to them a sensible person would take that in and use that knowledge in future wouldn't they?

A less than sensible person may decide to continue on using incorrect terminology, but then the question would be why?

Why would anyone continue to add an unnecessary word and include a prefix which makes the description incorrect?

Only a strange and rather weird person would do that don't you think?