Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

7 hours ago, m williamson said:

Most people are ignorant of the facts.

That is understandable, because most people in this country are pretty clueless when it comes to anything to do with Ireland.

That's not a big deal especially, but when someone has had a fact pointed out to them a sensible person would take that in and use that knowledge in future wouldn't they?

A less than sensible person may decide to continue on using incorrect terminology, but then the question would be why?

Why would anyone continue to add an unnecessary word and include a prefix which makes the description incorrect?

Only a strange and rather weird person would do that don't you think?

No.

the terms Northern  and Southern Ireland are the descriptions used to distinguish the two countries by  most of the inhabitants .

In the south is another term regularly used.

How do you think those in the south refer to Ulster ?

You are confusing your idealist opinion to day to day use.

Edited by harvey19

48 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

No.

the terms Northern  and Southern Ireland are the descriptions used to distinguish the two countries by  most of the inhabitants .

In the south is another term regularly used.

How do you think those in the south refer to Ulster ?

You are confusing your idealist opinion to day to day use.

And you are making the mistake of thinking that you know more about this particular situation than I do.

I had one English and one Irish parent, I have lived and been educated in both country's and have held an Irish passport since 1972.

I can assure you that the term Southern Ireland is only used by the ignorant and those who wish to be deliberately offensive.

Adding an addition unnecessary word to a description is ridiculous.

You are completely wrong.

The term Southern Ireland is used extensively by people from all walks of life .

Where our views may be differing is that you are talking from a Southern Ireland perspective and I am talking from a U.K./ Northern Ireland perspective.

I can firmly assure you that the term is not used to be offensive but just to clarify the 2 different parts of the country.