Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I didn't say it was to do with Brexit  - neither is most of your pontificating.

The people of Hong Kong grew up in a colony that we took and decided was ours.  They lived under British  rule and wanted to stay that way.

Ask yourself why we didn't stick it out with the Chinese and why we didn't maintain the British rule that thy wanted ??????          Yeah  -  because China's bigger than us.

Who stole what  ?     there are places all over the world we stole from the people who lived there.

I am just replacing the words Hong Kong with N. Ireland and it seems that N.Ireland should stay as part of the UK.

Who stole what from who in the Falklands ?

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

It saddens me that people want to find fault with our country and its past. Their are faults in every walk of life but to go dredging things up from centuries ago seems pointless to me.

It wouldn't if you had been born and brought up under a foreign rule.

Think how lucky you are and try not to make decisions for others.

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I am just replacing the words Hong Kong with N. Ireland and it seems that N.Ireland should stay as part of the UK.

Who stole what from who in the Falklands ?

Why did we hand back Hong Kong then but not Northern Ireland ?

I didn't say we stole anything from the Falklands but nobody can prove the claim that it's ours.

As I said, the French settled it before us.

I don't even think the place is even worth fighting over.

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Which foreign rule ?

Any

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Why did we hand back Hong Kong then but not Northern Ireland ?

I didn't say we stole anything from the Falklands but nobody can prove the claim that it's ours.

As I said, the French settled it before us.

I don't even think the place is even worth fighting over.

Any

Apparently it is not the Falkland Islands that are important but the sea area under maritime law is what is of value.

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The Royal Family. LOL .

Don't know what you mean by that comment or how it pertains to the discussion,  but I am no supporter of the Royal Family anyway.

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

Apparently it is not the Falkland Islands that are important but the sea area under maritime law is what is of value.

I wouldn't fight over that either.  We don't respect the sea.  Ours is full of sh*t along with our rivers.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

I wouldn't fight over that either.  We don't respect the sea.  Ours is full of sh*t along with our rivers.

Hard to believe with all the new science and technology this situation has developed.

Someone needs to be answerable and made accountable.