Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

12 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Oh no it isn’t.

Brexit.  Don’t want to get you too excited.

Do you think those that directed or were involved in terrorist acts should be prosecuted ?

Oh go on tell us all the good news!!

Yes, I think that anyone who directed or was involved in terrorists acts should be prosecuted. Where I may well part company with you and certain other posters is that I believe that that includes state security forces. I do not believe that wearing a uniform or sitting behind a desk in military HQ allows you to direct or commit murder.

There are certain people who are completely blinkered and obviously believe that being employed by the state absolves you from any responsibility to obey the law that you are supposed to be upholding.

However, a Truth and Reconciliation Commission if agreed to would change things for all party's.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Oh go on tell us all the good news!!

Yes, I think that anyone who directed or was involved in terrorists acts should be prosecuted. Where I may well part company with you and certain other posters is that I believe that that includes state security forces. I do not believe that wearing a uniform or sitting behind a desk in military HQ allows you to direct or commit murder.

There are certain people who are completely blinkered and obviously believe that being employed by the state absolves you from any responsibility to obey the law that you are supposed to be upholding.

However, a Truth and Reconciliation Commission if agreed to would change things for all party's.

You are already getting excited with the thought of good news.

Isn’t that better than looking for areas to reinforce views of Brexit failure ?

52 minutes ago, Axe said:

A poor contribution.  Under the Good Friday Agreement both a majority in Northern Ireland and the Republic Ireland have to support reunification of Ireland.  I judge you to be an anti British poster. Unfortunately you are not the only anti British poster who posts nonsense on the Sheffield discussion forums.

Not anti-British  Anti stealing other countries which don't belong to us.

Do you walk into your neighbours house any time you like ?

We should not have walked into Ireland and caused all the division, death & destruction.

None of that would have happened if we had left Ireland alone.

I presume you think that Wales & Scotland are ours too ?

You're in for a shock lad.

13 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think that good news from Brexit will be a very very long time coming.

Even when any comes,   I'm sure it won't be good enough to outweigh all the bad news.

Edited by Organgrinder

2 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I'm sure you're right, as the Brexiteers keep telling us it's all about being positive. We don't have to do anything else, just put on a happy face and everything will turn out fine.

If only the band on the Titanic had known that, and instead of playing that dirge Abide With Me they'd played Alexanders Ragtime Band. It would have ended completely differently and Leonardo DiCaprio would never have got to see Kate Winslet in the nude.

Come to think of it, it didn't end up that badly, at least not for Leonardo.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

Yet another very Westyesque post.

I think it has been mentioned by others that you seem to have a Westy thing.

I am not a Westy.

4 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Not anti-British  Anti stealing other countries which don't belong to us.

Do you walk into your neighbours house any time you like ?

We should not have walked into Ireland and caused all the division, death & destruction.

None of that would have happened if we had left Ireland alone.

I presume you think that Wales & Scotland are ours too ?

You're in for a shock lad.

I think that good news from Brexit will be a very very long time coming.

Even when any comes,   I'm sure it won't be good enough to outweigh all the bad news.

Good things are worth waiting for.

6 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think it has been mentioned by others that you seem to have a Westy thing.

I am not a Westy.

Good things are worth waiting for.

Only when you can be sure they are going to come.

7 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'm sure you're right, as the Brexiteers keep telling us it's all about being positive. We don't have to do anything else, just put on a happy face and everything will turn out fine.

If only the band on the Titanic had known that, and instead of playing that dirge Abide With Me they'd played Alexanders Ragtime Band. It would have ended completely differently and Leonardo DiCaprio would never have got to see Kate Winslet in the nude.

Come to think of it, it didn't end up that badly, at least not for Leonardo.

The Titanic experience in Belfast is worth a visit. HMS Caroline the last surviving battleship from the 1916 battle of Jutland is near bye and worth visiting.  You could also go to the Crumlin Road prison which is now a visitor attraction next time you are in Ireland and fancy a trip up north.

3 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Only when you can be sure they are going to come.

Have faith young man.

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Early days, give it time to come to fruition.

Switching your position from 'there are examples of brexit advantages, you're just not looking hard enough for them' to 'it's too early for any brexit advantages to have occurred' doesn't show much confidence in your arguments.

1 minute ago, altus said:

Switching your position from 'there are examples of brexit advantages, you're just not looking hard enough for them' to 'it's too early for any brexit advantages to have occurred' doesn't show much confidence in your arguments.

Keep looking and you will find them just like in the future more will appear.