Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

6 hours ago, Bargepole23 said:

You've edited your post extensively since OG and myself replied.

so what about the fishing industry ruined before Brexit .   and so due to us leaving the EU we are regaining our coastal fishing waters . The car industry in UK is thriving with new plants popping up monthly , Vauxhall and BMW just announced two .

but this will be over looked as per usual by the so called Union lovers on here .

Then the right wing groups in the EU as I have already mentioned .

The next possible  EU Country who many think is blameless in its war with Russia is a hotbed of Nazi groups . just today on face book a poster has shown recent photos of  groups of Ukraine troops fly ing swastika flags from the tanks .

Europe is a hotbed of racial tension , take a look at Paris ,riots in the streets due to police harassment of minority's 

As usual all this ignored because us Brexateers were wrong , well I weighed it all up then , Nowt to do with Boris and his mob just a hard cold look at, what  was happening across the channel .

Edited by cuttsie

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

so what about the fishing industry ruined before Brexit and due to us leaving the EU we are regaining our coastal fishing waters . The car industry in UK is thriving with new plants popping up monthly , Vauxhall and BMW just announced two .

but this will be over looked as per usual by the so called Union lovers on here .

Then the right wing groups in the EU as I have already mentioned .

The next possible Country who many think is blameless in its war with Russia is a hotbed of Nazi groups . just today on face book a poster has shown recent photos of  groups of Ukraine troops fly ing swastika flags from the tanks .

Europe is a hotbed of racial tension , take a look at Paris ,riots in the streets due to police harassment of minority's 

As usual all this ignored because us Brexateers were wrong , well I weighed it all up then , Nowt to do with Boris and his mob just a hard cold look athwart was happening across the channel .

UK car production has more than halved since the Brexit vote. Vauxhall Ellesmere Port is a conversion to EV rather than additional production. "New plants popping up monthly" is a gross exaggeration.

Is the UK fishing industry thriving on the back of this regaining of coastal waters,? Doesn't look like it from what I've read.

7 minutes ago, Bargepole23 said:

UK car production has more than halved since the Brexit vote. Vauxhall Ellesmere Port is a conversion to EV rather than additional production. "New plants popping up monthly" is a gross exaggeration.

Is the UK fishing industry thriving on the back of this regaining of coastal waters,? Doesn't look like it from what I've read.

It wunt do because to many on here pull England down , To me we are the finest Country in the World and we do not need Germany or France or the rest to prop us up . In fact it usually the other way around its us who come up trumps when the ****tt hits the fan .

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cuttsie said:

It wunt do because to many on here pull England down , To me we are the finest Country in the World and we do not need Germany or France or the rest to prop us up . In fact it usually the other way around its us who come up trumps when the ****tt hits the fan .

Shouting about how great England is, or Scotland, Wales, and NI for that matter, does absolutely nothing for the fishing industry, if that's what you're saying.

It's well past time for positive, tangible actions from UK government, rather than this flag waving empty rubbish.

1 hour ago, Bargepole23 said:

Shouting about how great England is, or Scotland, Wales, and NI for that matter, does absolutely nothing for the fishing industry, if that's what you're saying.

It's well past time for positive, tangible actions from UK government, rather than this flag waving empty rubbish.

Watch my lips 💋. The fishing industry was murdered years before Brexit by Ted Heath and his mob who allowed all and sundry to fish in our waters , Then the bloody EU popped up and promptly sent massive trawler ships into our waters that actually hoover all living creatures from the sea .Spain and Holland were the big culprits among others , but that don't matter to EU lovers does it .

Now we are slowly taking our fishing grounds back when current agreements with the EU end .

But many of our trawler men gave up trying years ago due to the bleeeeedin EU gangster trawlers . 

Now just a few risk their lives by carrying on . 

Go on defend the EU fishing policy thats left our seas empty . Can't wait to hear the crap .

21 hours ago, m williamson said:

That makes no sense whatsoever. As has already been pointed out to you you can drive, walk or cycle from other European countries into Norway, it's far more difficult to get to the UK.

Immigration into this country has risen significantly since Brexit, many people from EU states that lived here and were contributing to the country with skills and taxes - such as Loob - have left, but there has been a lot more immigration from outside Europe.

https://www.dw.com/en/uk-immigration-nearly-triples-despite-brexit-promises/a-63878757

Do I think Ireland is part of mainland Europe? No I don't, you didn't fully get what was written in the link did you?

That is the legal definition for what constitutes Europe for insurance purposes. If you continue to read after the mention of Ireland it then goes on to specify mainland Europe separately, which includes Norway.  It mentions Ireland specifically to make it clear that European cover would include the Republic, it then goes on to name the countries on the mainland of Europe.

All your nitpicking has established is that both Norway and the Republic of Ireland are part of mainland Europe for insurance purposes.  If you go on a travel guide website you will find Norway is not part of Mainland Europe

11 hours ago, L00b said:

Trade-wise, in these post-Brexit days, it is so, more than ever before:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/feb/25/ports-france-ireland-brexit-cherbourg-rosslare

And music-wise Australia is part of Europe thanks to the Eurovision song contest.

Edited by Axe

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

Watch my lips 💋. The fishing industry was murdered years before Brexit by Ted Heath and his mob who allowed all and sundry to fish in our waters , Then the bloody EU popped up and promptly sent massive trawler ships into our waters that actually hoover all living creatures from the sea .Spain and Holland were the big culprits among others , but that don't matter to EU lovers does it .

Now we are slowly taking our fishing grounds back when current agreements with the EU end .

But many of our trawler men gave up trying years ago due to the bleeeeedin EU gangster trawlers . 

Now just a few risk their lives by carrying on . 

Go on defend the EU fishing policy thats left our seas empty . Can't wait to hear the crap .

Not here to defend history.

What is the government doing to stop supertrawlers coming into protected marine areas in UK waters, post-Brexit? Nothing. In fact, the amount of time spent in these areas by these type of vessel has increased massively post-Brexit.

Quotas for cod and haddock, which are the fish that we generally eat in this country, quota halved in a post-Brexit deal with Norway.

Let's not pretend that there are any sizeable Brexit benefits for the fishing industry.