Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

40 minutes ago, m williamson said:

A great man once said "  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but no one is entitled to their own fact "

We are talking about facts,  the fact is that there have been no positives with regard to Brexit, only negatives as far as the general public are concerned.

As in everything there have been positives for a minority of people. There always are, when someone dies there are death duties to be paid, funeral directors to be paid, vicars,  priests to be paid, the crematorium or the graveyard need to be reimbursed, so it is a positive for some, however it's a tragedy for the deceased and their loved ones.

Same thing with Brexit, it has been a disaster for the majority of the population but a few, including the richest 1% have done really well out of their country's decision to shoot itself in both feet and make a laughing stock out of itself. 

https://lloydhardy.com/news/Jacob_Rees_Mogg_Makes_Billions_From_No_Deal_Brexit/

It is history. The world has moved on and things are changing regardless of Brexit now.

Regarding funerals. We paid for funeral plans some years ago when it was pointed out to us that future costs would exceed interest on savings.

12 hours ago, harvey19 said:

It is history. The world has moved on and things are changing regardless of Brexit now.

Regarding funerals. We paid for funeral plans some years ago when it was pointed out to us that future costs would exceed interest on savings.

Until such time as it is accepted that Brexit was a major error of judgement which has brought no advantage to the country and has in fact caused serious damage to its economy and reputation it will be nigh on impossible to improve things.

Anyone who still thinks that they made the right decision to vote leave is someone who ignores facts if they contradict their delusions.

Mark Carney former Governor of the Bank of England probably knows a fair bit more about it than either you or I.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/mark-carney-delivered-stunning-takedown-073257048.html

5 hours ago, m williamson said:

Until such time as it is accepted that Brexit was a major error of judgement which has brought no advantage to the country and has in fact caused serious damage to its economy and reputation it will be nigh on impossible to improve things.

Anyone who still thinks that they made the right decision to vote leave is someone who ignores facts if they contradict their delusions.

Mark Carney former Governor of the Bank of England probably knows a fair bit more about it than either you or I.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/mark-carney-delivered-stunning-takedown-073257048.html

Brexit is not an error of judgement for the electorate who voted to leave the EU.  Every leave voter had different reasons why they decided to tick  the leave box  on the ballot paper.   There is too much garbage been spouted by those who do not respect democracy claiming Brexit has been a disaster.  You have mentioned your Irish roots on numerous occasions. If you truly believe Brexit is so bad then you should have the courage of your conviction and go and live in the Republic of Ireland rather than whinging about a democratic decision the British electorate made. 

Just now, Axe said:

There is too much garbage been spouted by those who do not respect democracy claiming Brexit has been a disaster. 

Why does claiming Brexit a disaster not respect democracy ?   whether Brexit actually works or not is nothing to do with democracy.   You don't know  what you're talking about.

People can accept a democratic vote to leave Europe but saying it isn't working is the truth and nothing to do with democracy. 

That's more to do with you trying to silence freedom of speech and if people want to whinge,  they will damn well whinge,  so you either have to put up with it or don't bother reading it.

It doesn't work.

45 minutes ago, Axe said:

Brexit is not an error of judgement for the electorate who voted to leave the EU.  Every leave voter had different reasons why they decided to tick  the leave box  on the ballot paper.   There is too much garbage been spouted by those who do not respect democracy claiming Brexit has been a disaster.  You have mentioned your Irish roots on numerous occasions. If you truly believe Brexit is so bad then you should have the courage of your conviction and go and live in the Republic of Ireland rather than whinging about a democratic decision the British electorate made. 

" Every leave voter had different reasons ". Exactly, in other words there wasn't any intelligent straightforward compelling reason to vote for something which has been a disaster for the country. 

I will live where I want to live and no  nonentity will tell me otherwise. I was born in Sheffield as was my father and all my paternal family back to 1706 which is before Great Britain came into existence.

My great grandfather, great great grandfather and a great uncle are included in Geoffrey Tweedales Directory of Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers 1740 - 2013. Cutlery manufacture is one of the main things that Sheffield is world renown for and my family played its part in that.

My father served throughout WW2 and saw action in France, North Africa and Italy, his elder half brother served throughout WW1 in the Royal Navy. Their first cousin ( and mine once removed )  served in the 12th Battalion ( Sheffield ) York & Lancs in WW1 and was killed on the 1st July 1916 attacking Serre in Picardy. he died alongside over five hundred of his fellow Sheffielders that morning, he was 19 years of age. I have visited his grave in Luke Copse Cemetery Serre and called in to see the beach at Dunkirk where my father was rescued from in June 1940.

I ran my own business for years, employed people and as a result contributed several million in tax to the exchequer. No small minded little bigot gets to tell me what to do.

Understand, or are you really as thick as you come across?

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

" Every leave voter had different reasons ". Exactly, in other words there wasn't any intelligent straightforward compelling reason to vote for something which has been a disaster for the country. 

I will live where I want to live and no  nonentity will tell me otherwise. I was born in Sheffield as was my father and all my paternal family back to 1706 which is before Great Britain came into existence.

My great grandfather, great great grandfather and a great uncle are included in Geoffrey Tweedales Directory of Sheffield Cutlery Manufacturers 1740 - 2013. Cutlery manufacture is one of the main things that Sheffield is world renown for and my family played its part in that.

My father served throughout WW2 and saw action in France, North Africa and Italy, his elder half brother served throughout WW1 in the Royal Navy. Their first cousin ( and mine once removed )  served in the 12th Battalion ( Sheffield ) York & Lancs in WW1 and was killed on the 1st July 1916 attacking Serre in Picardy. he died alongside over five hundred of his fellow Sheffielders that morning, he was 19 years of age. I have visited his grave in Luke Copse Cemetery Serre and called in to see the beach at Dunkirk where my father was rescued from in June 1940.

I ran my own business for years, employed people and as a result contributed several million in tax to the exchequer. No small minded little bigot gets to tell me what to do.

Understand, or are you really as thick as you come across?

I am clearly not as thick as you because I do not live in a country which I despise and hate. Do the decent thing and go and live in the Republic of Ireland. 

18 minutes ago, Axe said:

I am clearly not as thick as you because I do not live in a country which I despise and hate. Do the decent thing and go and live in the Republic of Ireland. 

You really are as thick as you appear to be, incredible!

You think that I despise this country although I take pride in my family history in the Sheffield cutlery trade?

You think that traveling to France to visit my cousins grave, a man who died for this country, and going to Dunkirk to see the beach where my father and his comrades were evacuated from is indicative of someone who hates this country?

You are beyond stupid. What I do despise is a liar who tries to pretend that he voted remain when everyone on this forum knows he voted leave and has a comprehension ability less than that of a child of two.

You are an otiose human being, look it up.

16 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You really are as thick as you appear to be, incredible!

You think that I despise this country although I take pride in my family history in the Sheffield cutlery trade?

You think that traveling to France to visit my cousins grave, a man who died for this country, and going to Dunkirk to see the beach where my father and his comrades were evacuated from is indicative of someone who hates this country?

You are beyond stupid. What I do despise is a liar who tries to pretend that he voted remain when everyone on this forum knows he voted leave and has a comprehension ability less than that of a child of two.

You are an otiose human being, look it up.

Not interested in your Who Do You Think You Are Nonsense.  Get on your bike!