Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

I was being too kind when I called you an Irishman.  You are are obviously  a thick Irishman if you cannot make up your mind whether you are Irish or English.  

I knew it, didn't I say you wouldn't be able to understand?  You are the gift that keeps on giving, at least as far as providing a laugh is concerned. 

I can't be Irish because I had an English father, I can't be English because I had an Irish mother. You can't exist without the contribution from both parents. That contribution includes your ethnicity.

Denying one of my parents ethnicity and claiming to be of the other race would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

Being called thick by you is like being called a liar by Boris Johnson 🤣

Just now, Organgrinder said:

What I'm pointing out is that it shouldn't matter enough to bother getting confused.

I've never asked axe or anyone else on here,  what their nationality is because it's none of my business.

But he never said he was neither an Englishman or an Irishman.

1 minute ago, Mister Gee said:

On which thread?

Good point , which thread are you looking at.

Multi tasking can sometimes cause confusion.

1 minute ago, m williamson said:

I knew it, didn't I say you wouldn't be able to understand?  You are the gift that keeps on giving, at least as far as providing a laugh is concerned. 

I can't be Irish because I had an English father, I can't be English because I had an Irish mother. You can't exist without the contribution from both parents. That contribution includes your ethnicity.

Denying one of my parents ethnicity and claiming to be of the other race would be ridiculous wouldn't it?

As far as I am concerned you are Irish.  Enough said.

3 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Where were you born will determine if you are English or Irish unless there was exceptional circumstances.

Obviously ethnicity and family background are important to a person but nationality is singular as opposed to citizenship.

Edited by harvey19

3 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Where were you born will determine if you are English or Irish unless there was exceptional circumstances.

Obviously ethnicity and family background are important to a person but nationality is singular as opposed to citizenship.

He was born in a paddy field which is why he is Irish.