Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Just now, harvey19 said:

Where were you born ?

I was born in Sheffield less than a mile from Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane.

Presumably you are now going to say that that makes me an Englishman?  Of course if that's all it takes then Boris is an American, John McEnroe is German, Joanne Lumley, Rudyard Kipling, George Orwell, Julie Christy and Cliff Richard are all Indians, Florence Nightingale and Ted Dexter are Italian, Terry Butcher is Singaporean and Winston Churchill had an Irish brother, which would be Strange* wouldn't it?

* See what I did there?

17 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

Where were you born will determine if you are English or Irish unless there was exceptional circumstances.

Obviously ethnicity and family background are important to a person but nationality is singular as opposed to citizenship.

Not as simple as that. I have dual nationality as a birthright. I have had an Irish passport since 1972, nothing to do with any feelings toward England but because I'm a republican, I prefer harps to crowns.

I had no need to take an exam or swear an oath, all I had to do was provide my birth certificate and my mothers birth certificate. My right to Irish nationality is the right of Jus Sanguinis right of blood.

14 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I was born in Sheffield less than a mile from Beautiful Downtown Bramall Lane.

Presumably you are now going to say that that makes me an Englishman?  Of course if that's all it takes then Boris is an American, John McEnroe is German, Joanne Lumley, Rudyard Kipling, George Orwell, Julie Christy and Cliff Richard are all Indians, Florence Nightingale and Ted Dexter are Italian, Terry Butcher is Singaporean and Winston Churchill had an Irish brother, which would be Strange* wouldn't it?

* See what I did there?

You created a smoke screen !!!!!!!!

I don't know if it still happens but when nationality was asked for I would put Brit/English, a Welshman  Brit/Welsh, Scottish Brit/Scot.

Northern Irish would put Brit/Irish.

iIt would not be correct to put Brit/Irish in your case as you relate to Southern Ireland.

I always believed my maternal grandmother came from Southern Ireland until I did the family history and found she was from Leeds. It was her sisters who had married Irishmen !

4 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Not as simple as that. I have dual nationality as a birthright. I have had an Irish passport since 1972, nothing to do with any feelings toward England but because I'm a republican, I prefer harps to crowns.

I had no need to take an exam or swear an oath, all I had to do was provide my birth certificate and my mothers birth certificate. My right to Irish nationality is the right of Jus Sanguinis right of blood.

Nationality and citizenship are different. Many Northern Irish people now also hold Irish passports.

I think you will find your OFFICIAL nationality is English as you were born in England.

Edited by harvey19

6 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Hope England never goes to war again . No one will know whose side to Be on .

And the national,service call up papers will be very interesting .

Wonder how they will find HHR.

I'm led to believe he's got about 1600  Pseudonym's.

6 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Your loyalties are towards the Republic of Ireland.  You have the same mindset as Sinn Féin who also do not swear on the oath.  Man Up and admit you are Irish .

2 hours ago, harvey19 said:

Nationality and citizenship are different. Many Northern Irish people now also hold Irish passports.

I think you will find your OFFICIAL nationality is English as you were born in England.

I think you will find that there's no such thing as English nationality OFFICIAL or otherwise. My nationality is Irish, I have the passport to prove it.

As I've already explained I have dual nationality as a birthright. I can if I wish hold both Irish and BRITISH passports at the same time. A friend of mine does exactly that.

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Your loyalties are towards the Republic of Ireland.  You have the same mindset as Sinn Féin who also do not swear on the oath.  Man Up and admit you are Irish .

My loyalty is to my family and my friends in that order, I leave patriotism to the gullible who are played like a one string banjo by politicians.

You are at least amusingly consistent in your inability to accept facts. In the same way you don't accept that Brexit is a failure and needs to be rectified you also don't accept the straightforward fact that a person born from two different races is neither one nor the other but a mix of both. Being the racist bigot that you quite clearly are I am not in the least surprised by your attitude, racist bigots are invariably as thick as mince.

In the Irish General Election of 1918 when Ireland was still a part of the UK Sinn Fein won 73 out of the 105 Irish parliamentary seats campaigning for independence.

Had the result of that General Election been honoured there would have been no Troubles between 1966 and 1998. No PIRA, no collusion by British forces with ' loyalist ' terrorists, no Ballymurphy no Bloody Sunday and no Glennane Gang or Shankill Butchers.

No bombings and murder of innocents by both the PIRA and the ' loyalists '  many people would still be alive today that have been dead for years.

No side came out of that conflict with any honour but the GFA brought some peace and Brexit threatened that peace, not that you would have been bothered about that. Bigots only care about themselves don't they?