Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

20 hours ago, m williamson said:

It had been made perfectly clear in the election of 1918 that the majority of people in Ireland wanted independence.

Actually that's not quite correct, it seems to have been airbrushed from history, but although Sinn Fein took the bulk of the seats under FPTP, Unionist and Home Rule parties actually took around 52% of the vote. 

30 minutes ago, Axe said:

I suggest you watch the video again and listen to what Boris Johnson said on the Andrew Marr Show  (6th June 2016)

Who in their right mind would ever want to listen to what Johnson   ( The biggest liar who ever stood in Westminster  )  said ?

Your covers get flimsier and flimsier.

Edited by Organgrinder

3 minutes ago, sadbrewer said:

Actually that's not quite correct, it seems to have been airbrushed from history, but although Sinn Fein took the bulk of the seats under FPTP, Unionist and Home Rule parties actually took around 52% of the vote. 

Firstly, the election was held under Westminster FPTP rules and under those rules Sinn Fein won a landslide victory. Secondly, there were 25 uncontested seats, all of which Sinn Fein won, they were uncontested because it was obvious who was going to win so opposition was pointless and a waste of time and money, as a result there were no votes counted in those constituency's, had there have been then they would have won well over 50% of votes cast.

Additionally, the IPP campaigning for Home Rule won 220, 837 votes, only 36,477 less than the Irish Unionist Party. That was a combined vote of 696,924 which was 439,610 more than the Unionist party, even without the votes missing from the uncontested seats.

The wish for a separation from Britain was clear and should have been honoured Sinn Fein campaigned on the promise of not taking their seats at Westminster but when they attempted to use the old Dublin parliament building state force was used to prevent them. That led to the Irish War of Independence.

Westminster bad faith was responsible for the tragedy that unfolded after that. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Axe said:

I suggest you watch the video again and listen to what Boris Johnson said on the Andrew Marr Show  (6th June 2016) in which he clearly stated the UK would leave the single  market.  I am the one who is providing proof from high profile politicians both who supported remain and leave who were in government at the time rather than using google in attempt to rewrite history. 

You attempted to say that it was made quite clear to everyone that Brexit meant leaving the Single Market. It was not, and you are being ridiculous in saying that.

Farage was one of the main Brexit enthusiasts, he repeatedly quoted Norway as an example of what we should be doing. Norway is in the Single Market. Despite being far wealthier than the UK and having a Sovereign Wealth Fund of $1,4 Trillion. Norway is smart enough to be in the EU Single Market.

You have been supplied with proof that Brexit politicians stated that we would remain in the Single Market.

Stop making yourself look daft.

2 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Who in their right mind would ever want to listen to what Johnson   ( The biggest liar who ever stood in Westminster  )  said ?

Your covers get flimsier and flimsier.

Stop being a clown.  I never brought Boris Johnson into the discussion.  The anti British and terrorist sympathiser poster brought Boris Johnson into the discussion falsely claiming Boris Johnson claimed the UK would remain in the single market.  I have provided video evidence which  clearly proves Boris Johnson stated on the 5th June 2016 that the UK would leave the single market if the UK electorate voted to leave the EU.  The fact that the UK did leave the single market when the UK left the EU when Boris Johnson was prime minister proves that Boris Johnson was not lying.  Just like the anti British terrorist sympathiser you need to grow up.

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

You attempted to say that it was made quite clear to everyone that Brexit meant leaving the Single Market. It was not, and you are being ridiculous in saying that.

Farage was one of the main Brexit enthusiasts, he repeatedly quoted Norway as an example of what we should be doing. Norway is in the Single Market. Despite being far wealthier than the UK and having a Sovereign Wealth Fund of $1,4 Trillion. Norway is smart enough to be in the EU Single Market.

You have been supplied with proof that Brexit politicians stated that we would remain in the Single Market.

Stop making yourself look daft.

I have proved without doubt that is was made perfectly clear that a vote to leave would mean the UK would also leave the single market.  I provided video evidence of UK politicians who were in government  at the time both from the remain and leave campaign including the then prime minister who stated the UK would leave the single  market if the UK voted to leave the EU.  Nigel Farage has never been in any government role or any position of authority so I took no notice of anything he said during the referendum campaign.  However, one of the biggest issues of the referendum campaign was after Nigel Farage published a poster which showed a queue migrants which clearly was campaigning against the freedom of movement people.  

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/16/nigel-farage-defends-ukip-breaking-point-poster-queue-of-migrants

You are the one who is making yourself look daft and dishonest by ignoring what the politicians from both side of the debate who were in power at the time said before the referendum vote  You are a an utter disgrace and if you had any common decency you would hang your head in shame and ask for your Sheffield Discussion Forum account to be deleted.

53 minutes ago, Axe said:

Stop being a clown.  I never brought Boris Johnson into the discussion.  The anti British and terrorist sympathiser poster brought Boris Johnson into the discussion falsely claiming Boris Johnson claimed the UK would remain in the single market.  I have provided video evidence which  clearly proves Boris Johnson stated on the 5th June 2016 that the UK would leave the single market if the UK electorate voted to leave the EU.  The fact that the UK did leave the single market when the UK left the EU when Boris Johnson was prime minister proves that Boris Johnson was not lying.  Just like the anti British terrorist sympathiser you need to grow up.

I have proved without doubt that is was made perfectly clear that a vote to leave would mean the UK would also leave the single market.  I provided video evidence of UK politicians who were in government  at the time both from the remain and leave campaign including the then prime minister who stated the UK would leave the single  market if the UK voted to leave the EU.  Nigel Farage has never been in any government role or any position of authority so I took no notice of anything he said during the referendum campaign.  However, one of the biggest issues of the referendum campaign was after Nigel Farage published a poster which showed a queue migrants which clearly was campaigning against the freedom of movement people.  

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/16/nigel-farage-defends-ukip-breaking-point-poster-queue-of-migrants

You are the one who is making yourself look daft and dishonest by ignoring what the politicians from both side of the debate who were in power at the time said before the referendum vote  You are a an utter disgrace and if you had any common decency you would hang your head in shame and ask for your Sheffield Discussion Forum account to be deleted.

Naturally you'd like me to leave the forum. When I'm one of the ones that regularly shows you up for the complete uninformed nonentity that you are.

You really are a snivelling little no mark aren't you?  It's been proved to you that Brexit politicians are on record claiming that the UK wouldn't leave the Single Market which makes your claim at # 6784 that it was made perfectly clear by both the remain and leave campaigners in the tory government that a vote to leave would mean we'd also leave the Single Market.

That's a complete lie, when members of the tory party including Owen Paterson and Daniel Hannan stated that it wouldn't happen and Mathew Elliot Chief Executive of Vote Leave together with Aaron Banks co founder of the Leave.EU campaign and former tory donor also said it wouldn't happen how could it possibly be made perfectly clear?

It wasn't, and you continuing on with the claim that it was just proves how deluded you are.

And pack it in with the anti British crap you tedious little man. It has been pointed out to you that I had close family that fought for this country and close family that died for this country. I am proud of them and made a point of visiting France to remember them.

You have been made look the fool you are by other posters on this thread as well, perhaps it's time for another change of name Westy?

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Naturally you'd like me to leave the forum. When I'm one of the ones that regularly shows you up for the complete uninformed nonentity that you are.

You really are a snivelling little no mark aren't you?  It's been proved to you that Brexit politicians are on record claiming that the UK wouldn't leave the Single Market which makes your claim at # 6784 that it was made perfectly clear by both the remain and leave campaigners in the tory government that a vote to leave would mean we'd also leave the Single Market.

That's a complete lie, when members of the tory party including Owen Paterson and Daniel Hannan stated that it wouldn't happen and Mathew Elliot Chief Executive of Vote Leave together with Aaron Banks co founder of the Leave.EU campaign and former tory donor also said it wouldn't happen how could it possibly be made perfectly clear?

It wasn't, and you continuing on with the claim that it was just proves how deluded you are.

And pack it in with the anti British crap you tedious little man. It has been pointed out to you that I had close family that fought for this country and close family that died for this country. I am proud of them and made a point of visiting France to remember them.

You have been made look the fool you are by other posters on this thread as well, perhaps it's time for another change of name Westy?

You are deluded and live in some fantasy World.

15 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Says the poster who ignores facts and keeps on repeating  previous claims that have been proven to be complete nonsense.

🙄

I am the poster who has contributed real facts from politicians  who were part of the government at the time of the EU referendum. What you have contributed is not facts and are only snippets from cherry picked comments from numerous websites.  Grow up and accept the democratic choice the UK electorate made. 

44 minutes ago, Axe said:

You are deluded and live in some fantasy World.

But you're not,   and still believe what politicians say after they've fallen down on the job ?

If they told you the moon was made of green cheese you would believe them.  More fool blunty