Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

9 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Well,, well, well......

UK overtakes France and Germany as economic growth bigger than expected after COVID 🤔

https://news.sky.com/story/gdp-uk-overtakes-france-and-germany-as-economic-growth-bigger-than-expected-after-covid-12972101

Difference is that they have already built their infrastructure,  modern railway systems,  Nuclear power Stations etc,   before they hit hard times whereas we, are in hard times,

wondering  how we can raise the money to build ours.   They mended the roof whilst the sun was shining whilst we sat and waited for the rain.

Theme song suggested   "I who have nothing"

7 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

The deniers will be on the case any minute .

You're dead right cuttsie.   Can't pull the wool over our eyes as easy as that.   Find out how much debt we are in     -     We are all fur coat and no knickers.

36 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Difference is that they have already built their infrastructure,  modern railway systems,  Nuclear power Stations etc,   before they hit hard times whereas we, are in hard times,

wondering  how we can raise the money to build ours.   They mended the roof whilst the sun was shining whilst we sat and waited for the rain.

Theme song suggested   "I who have nothing"

You're dead right cuttsie.   Can't pull the wool over our eyes as easy as that.   Find out how much debt we are in     -     We are all fur coat and no knickers.

my lights switch on OK ,  I do not need to get o London 20 minutes faster , In fact old England seems to Utopia going on the numbers trying to cross the channel from Main land EU that is ,

19 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

my lights switch on OK ,  I do not need to get o London 20 minutes faster , In fact old England seems to Utopia going on the numbers trying to cross the channel from Main land EU that is ,

You are forgetting that you are not the only one who lives here. 

I was not bothered about HS2 either but we do badly need a modern, efficient, reliable  railway system and have done for years.

They've easily fooled you into thinking the county's doing well.   Just look around you.

36 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I was not bothered about HS2 either but we do badly need a modern, efficient, reliable  railway system and have done for years.

They've easily fooled you into thinking the county's doing well.   Just look around you.

I've traveled the world I can tell you we live like kings in the UK 

It's why everyone wants to go there 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I've looked around me today and seen lots of happy people, well fed, well clothed and in decent houses.

Most people have central heating and indoor bathrooms and toilets.

The working week is shorter than it used to be.

We all get pensions at the appropriate age and there are benefits to help those in need.

My wife and I live a comfortable life, our children have good careers and good standard of living, my grandson is doing well in his job and the younger grandchildren are doing well at school.

Most people seem to have cars and go on holiday.

Mobile phones and computers are universally owned.

I bet if I go in town tomorrow I will see it full of people spending in the shops.

Plus the sun is shining.

It's a great life and we should try to enjoy it and not worry about things we can not change, in the words of the song.  "Always look on the Bright side of Life "

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

The deniers will be on the case any minute .

And finding something to blame the government about instead of accepting the government have played a part in this success story.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

I've traveled the world I can tell you we love like kings in the UK 

It's why everyone wants to go there 

Love like Kings? We're unfaithful to the mother of our children and marry one of  our former mistresses? Not really something that we should brag about.

As Germany has far more foreign born people living there are you saying that Germany is even better than us?

42 minutes ago, m williamson said:

Love like Kings? We're unfaithful to the mother of our children and marry one of  our former mistresses? Not really something that we should brag about.

As Germany has far more foreign born people living there are you saying that Germany is even better than us?

It's obviously a typo or are you too silly to know that 🙄

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

no one has fooled me , I make my own mind up and both majority parties are not fit to run the Country ,the problem is who can .