Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

I've traveled the world I can tell you we live like kings in the UK 

It's why everyone wants to go there 

You do maybe.    But there are others who would like a look in.

1 hour ago, harvey19 said:

I've looked around me today and seen lots of happy people, well fed, well clothed and in decent houses.

Most people have central heating and indoor bathrooms and toilets.

The working week is shorter than it used to be.

We all get pensions at the appropriate age and there are benefits to help those in need.

My wife and I live a comfortable life, our children have good careers and good standard of living, my grandson is doing well in his job and the younger grandchildren are doing well at school.

Most people seem to have cars and go on holiday.

Mobile phones and computers are universally owned.

I bet if I go in town tomorrow I will see it full of people spending in the shops.

Plus the sun is shining.

It's a great life and we should try to enjoy it and not worry about things we can not change, in the words of the song.  "Always look on the Bright side of Life "

And finding something to blame the government about instead of accepting the government have played a part in this success story.

You have typed this little bit of propaganda on here before.

So you don't think that there are any unhappy  people around ?    I'm absolutely sure that you're wrong.

Many people have central heating which they can't afford to switch on.

We work more hours than many other countries..  When we joined Europe, it was said that we would get as many holidays as they have   -  never happened.

All Europe gets pensions at appropriate age.   usually at a younger age than us.

Your personal family is no more relevant to this argument than that of a rough sleeper in a shop doorway.

Most people in every developed country have cars and take holidays.

Go in town tomorrow and count how many are spending in the shops.  Compare them with the rest of Sheffield's population and tell me how many ARE NOT spending in the shops.

What the hell does the sun have to do with it ?

You have written this before and I have answered it before and told you that    lots and lots of people will blame the government for lots of failures so you better get used to it.

Your success story is a failure.  You don't even have the intelligence to note that I was talking about our outdated infrastructure   -   none of which you addressed.

We already know that you are an "I'm alright Jack,  merchant" without you having to keep proving it.

I'm alright too    but I'm not stupid enough,  and uncaring enough,  to pretend that everyone else is.

49 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

no one has fooled me , I make my own mind up and both majority parties are not fit to run the Country ,the problem is who can .

And    the country IS NOT doing well.

I don't look for and try to find fault.

What can you do to improve things in the areas you mention ?

Moaning changes nothing only makes one unhappy.

The points I brought up are very relevant as they relate to REAL situations not generalisations.

The point about the sun shining was relevant to show how lucky we were to have this free pleasure.

Count your blessings.

Stop reading the papers and watching the news and enjoy yourself.

Edited by harvey19

12 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You have typed this little bit of propaganda on here before.

So you don't think that there are any unhappy  people around ?    I'm absolutely sure that you're wrong.

Many people have central heating which they can't afford to switch on.

We work more hours than many other countries..  When we joined Europe, it was said that we would get as many holidays as they have   -  never happened.

All Europe gets pensions at appropriate age.   usually at a younger age than us.

Your personal family is no more relevant to this argument than that of a rough sleeper in a shop doorway.

Most people in every developed country have cars and take holidays.

Go in town tomorrow and count how many are spending in the shops.  Compare them with the rest of Sheffield's population and tell me how many ARE NOT spending in the shops.

What the hell does the sun have to do with it ?

You have written this before and I have answered it before and told you that    lots and lots of people will blame the government for lots of failures so you better get used to it.

Your success story is a failure.  You don't even have the intelligence to note that I was talking about our outdated infrastructure   -   none of which you addressed.

We already know that you are an "I'm alright Jack,  merchant" without you having to keep proving it.

I'm alright too    but I'm not stupid enough,  and uncaring enough,  to pretend that everyone else is.

And    the country IS NOT doing well.

Old curmudgeon .

47 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

You do maybe.    But there are others who would like a look in.

What do you mean?

No one is starving in the UK

We have one of the most generous welfare systems in the world 

Even the poorest have new iPhones, TVs and tattoos 

Edited by Jack Grey

Just now, Jack Grey said:

What do you mean?

No one is starving in the UK

We have one of the most generous welfare stars in the world 

Even the poorest have new iPhones, TVs and tattoos 

I mean what I say   It's not hard to understand.

I beg to differ.  As you don't know everybody in the UK,  you can't possible know whether they are hungry or not.

Did the government tell you that ?   Load of rubbish.

Again,  Do you know all the poor personally ?    No, I thought not.

You can't even put an argument together and just keep parroting the same old lines. 

13 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I mean what I say   It's not hard to understand.

I beg to differ.  As you don't know everybody in the UK,  you can't possible know whether they are hungry or not.

Did the government tell you that ?   Load of rubbish.

Again,  Do you know all the poor personally ?    No, I thought not.

You can't even put an argument together and just keep parroting the same old lines. 

If you think that people in the UK are living in poverty then you really dont know what poverty is

Anyone can have a comfortable life if they work hard enough in the UK

In most countries, if you don't work you don't eat

We have over 3 million unemployed in the UK and plenty of jobs to go around

The only reason is because we have a welfare system that lets people choose to work or not 

Edited by Jack Grey