Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

Watched the BBC's News Watch programme this morning which featured 'irate' Remainers, (is there any other kind), complaining about the lack of coverage of a Remainer protest in London last week

The only news coverage the event received was a 20 second clip on the regional BBC London news bulletin.  When those who run the main BBC national news bulletins were quizzed about the protest not making the main news the response was "The event was not deemed news worthy for national broadcasting."

Finally, a bit of commonsense & realisation.   Or I await a conspiracy theory that Brexiteers have taken over at the BBC? 

Edited by Baron99

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Watched the BBC's News Watch programme this morning which featured 'irate' Remainers, (is there any other kind), complaining about the lack of coverage of a Remainer protest in London last week

The only news coverage the event received was a 20 second clip on the regional BBC London news bulletin.  When those who run the main BBC national news bulletins were quizzed about the protest not making the main news the response was "The event was Nat deemed news worthy for national broadcasting."

Finally, a bit of commonsense & realisation.   Or I await a conspiracy theory that Brexiteers have taken over at the BBC? 

What I find ridiculous is that they want to protest an event which came about democratically several years ago.

Are they in reality demonstrating about democracy or that Brexit has not been implemented as they wished.

5 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

What I find ridiculous is that they want to protest an event which came about democratically several years ago.

Are they in reality demonstrating about democracy or that Brexit has not been implemented as they wished.

My bold. 

From what they showed this morning it appears they wanted the main political parties to put it on their manifestos that they will seek to rejoin the EU.  That bloke who used to shout at politiciand with a megaphone was at the protest. 

Remainers; still got a cob on after over 7 years. 

1 minute ago, harvey19 said:

You appear to be confused as to the meaning of democracy. It does not mean that when a decision is arrived at by vote it is then irreversible and must remain in force until the end of time.

Governments are not bound by the decisions and actions of previous governments. They are supposed to react and deal with circumstances as they stand at the time they are in power.

Only someone blind to reality and without the ability to accept when they have made an error could possibly believe that Brexit was a good idea. 

The question is what can be done to improve matters. I don't think returning to the EU is an option, I doubt that they'd accept us back and even if they did it would be with the loss of all the opt outs we had previously, and that would be too far for many, even some of those who voted remain.

However, rejoining the Single Market and taking the ' Norway Option ' would be a huge boost to business and resolve the Northern Ireland problem, at least until the DUP think of another one so they don't have to be Deputy to Sinn Fein.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You appear to be confused as to the meaning of democracy. It does not mean that when a decision is arrived at by vote it is then irreversible and must remain in force until the end of time.

Governments are not bound by the decisions and actions of previous governments. They are supposed to react and deal with circumstances as they stand at the time they are in power.

Only someone blind to reality and without the ability to accept when they have made an error could possibly believe that Brexit was a good idea. 

The question is what can be done to improve matters. I don't think returning to the EU is an option, I doubt that they'd accept us back and even if they did it would be with the loss of all the opt outs we had previously, and that would be too far for many, even some of those who voted remain.

However, rejoining the Single Market and taking the ' Norway Option ' would be a huge boost to business and resolve the Northern Ireland problem, at least until the DUP think of another one so they don't have to be Deputy to Sinn Fein.

Could I recommend a book to you about the victims of the N. Ireland Troubles.

It is titled. To a Dark Place.  Experiences from survivors of the troubles.

Author. Ken Wharton.

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

My bold. 

I bet you never knew you were confused harvey19, did you? 

You aught to thank m. williamson for pointing it out to you.  Don't worry, the rest of them will be along later at some point to do the same. 

Just now, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

I bet you never knew you were confused harvey19, did you? 

You aught to thank m. williamson for pointing it out to you.  Don't worry, the rest of them will be along later at some point to do the same. 

I am not confused at all.

I find it sad that all the energy can not be put to improving our futures instead of harping on about the past.

How is our economy faring against France and Germany I wonder ?

28 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

How many times does it have to be pointed out - democracy in this country didn't end in June 2016 any more than it ended in 1975. That democracy includes the right to protest about our relationship with the EU.

The people who were happy with the result of the 1975 vote were content for those those who argued we should never have voted yes to protest about it. Why are you so disturbed by people protesting that we've left the EU?

• Thanks 1