Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

35 minutes ago, m williamson said:

The Miami Showband killers wore British army uniforms in order to get the coach to stop. Some of them were soldiers but others weren't.

My remark about uniforms was meant for cuttsie who tried to claim that the British side were somehow better because they wore uniforms. I pointed out that that wasn't always the case. And as regards to the Miami Showband wearing uniforms was part of the murder plot.

What are you on about asking for details of the collusion? The Conservative Minister and Secretary of State for Northern Ireland admitted it and apologised to the family for it.

What more do you want?  How about a statement from David Cameron when he was Prime Minister, will that do for you?

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/prime-minister-david-cameron-statement-on-patrick-finucane--2

That's a government statement, there are no opposing views, it's the official view.  Please read it.

And I stand by my opinion, if evidence can be found to convict those guilty of crimes then it should be produced and whatever side or organisation they came from they should pay the price.

The only other alternative would be a Truth and Reconciliation Commission like the one in South Africa if those affected were agreeable to it.

I think the government is trying to remove division, fear and mistrust between communities otherwise there will be no reunification of Ireland.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I think you are very naive in thinking people will give evidence and after all these years there is very likely no forensic evidence to get a case to court and conviction.

I think the political parties are playing the game to gain favour in their communities knowing nothing will happen

Don't you think the intelligence services will have knowledge of who did what ?

Please read the book I recommended to you and you will see why peace is essential.

Edited by harvey19

7 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I think the government is trying to remove division, fear and mistrust between communities otherwise there will be no reunification of Ireland.

Please don't take this the wrong way but I think you are very naive in thinking people will give evidence and after all these years there is very likely no forensic evidence to get a case to court and conviction.

I think the political parties are playing the game to gain favour in their communities knowing nothing will happen

Don't you think the intelligence services will have knowledge of who did what ?

Please read the book I recommended to you and you will see why peace is essential.

The government is trying to ensure that it doesn't have to accept responsibility for the deaths and injuries caused by state collusion. Did you read the official statement by Cameron in the link  provided?

People gave evidence in the South African case and it proved helpful. Not my business if it's done here, it's up to those who suffered.

I don't have to read a book to know that peace is essential, I've known that all my adult life. And coming from someone who won't read a link provided on the subject being discussed I find it somewhat irritating to be asked again and again to read a book.

1 minute ago, m williamson said:

The government is trying to ensure that it doesn't have to accept responsibility for the deaths and injuries caused by state collusion. Did you read the official statement by Cameron in the link  provided?

People gave evidence in the South African case and it proved helpful. Not my business if it's done here, it's up to those who suffered.

I don't have to read a book to know that peace is essential, I've known that all my adult life. And coming from someone who won't read a link provided on the subject being discussed I find it somewhat irritating to be asked again and again to read a book.

I have just read the link and find it disturbing.

How many people were involved and why was it done are appropriate questions which are not addressed.

As I said earlier I think you are naive as a result of your lack of experience.

Ironically if you get your wish it could stop reunification for a couple of generations as the south will not want to merge with a troubled north.

27 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

I have just read the link and find it disturbing.

How many people were involved and why was it done are appropriate questions which are not addressed.

As I said earlier I think you are naive as a result of your lack of experience.

Ironically if you get your wish it could stop reunification for a couple of generations as the south will not want to merge with a troubled north.

You are calling me naive and yet you're asking questions about why details of  state security internal criminal activity -  which they are desperate to cover up -  wasn't explained in detail?

Lack of experience of what?  Precisely what experience have you had that would enable you to understand more than the rest of us?

Being involved in a situation where a particular group caused you problems would be very likely to prejudice you against whichever group it was and prevent you from accepting the facts wouldn't it?

The citizens of the Republic have always been in favour of the reunification of their country and will welcome The Six Counties* back into a United Country.

*  Thought I'd join in with the juvenile deliberate use of incorrect description. At least Six Counties is accurate whilst south is nonsense.

6 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You are calling me naive and yet you're asking questions about why details of  state security internal criminal activity -  which they are desperate to cover up -  wasn't explained in detail?

Lack of experience of what?  Precisely what experience have you had that would enable you to understand more than the rest of us?

Being involved in a situation where a particular group caused you problems would be very likely to prejudice you against whichever group it was and prevent you from accepting the facts wouldn't it?

The citizens of the Republic have always been in favour of the reunification of their country and will welcome The Six Counties* back into a United Country.

*  Thought I'd join in with the juvenile deliberate use of incorrect description. At least Six Counties is accurate whilst south is nonsense.

This debate has run its course.

I hope peace reigns everywhere.

Edited by harvey19

6 hours ago, m williamson said:

What happened in Warrington was unforgivable and no one with any decency would try to excuse it. The Troubles were a disgusting time in both British and Irish history, no side came out with clean hands.

However, your comment that at least they were in plain sight and uniform  is beyond ridiculous. Were the men that murdered Pat Finucane in his own home and were colluded with by the security forces in uniform?

Were the men that killed members of the Miami Showband in uniform? Were the members of the Glennane Gang who were members of the security forces wearing uniform when they murdered unarmed uninvolved civilians?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51515477

https://www.patfinucanecentre.org/glenanne-questions-and-answers

You're another one who takes his opinions from from red top BS and hasn't a clue.

Sorry to disappoint, but there's only so much ignorant BS that I can take.

Do not read red tops

3 hours ago, Magilla said:

New Brexit border checks to cost business £330mn a year:

https://www.ft.com/content/015e1f25-0725-49f1-9a7d-bf9ec0dc4678

More food price rises on the way.

According to those who on here are happy about Brexit,   That will be another one of the many benefits of leaving Europe.

We now have the freedom to pay more for everything and slowly go bust.

Somehow,  things just don't seem to be going the way we were promised.