Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Not making excuses because you can't think of an excuse.  Brexit is a failure and everyone knows it and says it openly.

Why talk about the EU budget when we are no longer members and it's nothing at all to do with us.  Sounds like you secretly want to be back in there too but won't admit it.

You can not speak for every one and many are happy with Brexit.

Edited by harvey19

Just now, harvey19 said:

Completely wrong.

You can not speak for every one and many are happy with Brexit.

Not Many   -   Some

Ha Ha Ha    I don't speak for anyone but myself,   but I do hear what others are saying,  and almost everyone I hear,  says the opposite of you.

Some are happy.  That's not much of a reference.  Some are happy with crime ridden streets.  Some are happy with sewage polluted rivers and seas.  Some are happy with the highest taxation since WW2.

I won't argue about majorities because none of us knows the true figures.  I am quite happy to let the politics unfold and to let all the broken promises be exposed.  Even most of the Tories want rid of Sunak.

Labour want him to stay because he's driving more and more to Labour every day.    Roll on election day.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Not Many   -   Some

Ha Ha Ha    I don't speak for anyone but myself,   but I do hear what others are saying,  and almost everyone I hear,  says the opposite of you.

Some are happy.  That's not much of a reference.  Some are happy with crime ridden streets.  Some are happy with sewage polluted rivers and seas.  Some are happy with the highest taxation since WW2.

I won't argue about majorities because none of us knows the true figures.  I am quite happy to let the politics unfold and to let all the broken promises be exposed.  Even most of the Tories want rid of Sunak.

Labour want him to stay because he's driving more and more to Labour every day.    Roll on election day.

Who will you be voting for ?

23 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Not making excuses because you can't think of an excuse.  Brexit is a failure and everyone knows it and says it openly.

Why talk about the EU budget when we are no longer members and it's nothing at all to do with us.  Sounds like you secretly want to be back in there too but won't admit it.

Brexit is not a failure.   The budget was an ongoing grievance for the UK.  Margaret Thatcher was the only UK prime minister who stood up to the EU and managed to get a rebate for the UK.  It was ludicrous the UK contributed so much to the EU budget when it always had a large trade deficit with the EU.  The UK were effectively paying the EU a fee in order to buy goods and food from EU countries.  If a supermarket started charging customers an entrance fee then those customers would spend their money elsewhere.   Paying a net contribution to the EU budget  only makes sense for countries that have a trade surplus with other EU members. 

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

Brexit is not a failure.   The budget was an ongoing grievance for the UK.  Margaret Thatcher was the only UK prime minister who stood up to the EU and managed to get a rebate for the UK.  It was ludicrous the UK contributed so much to the EU budget when it always had a large trade deficit with the EU.  The UK were effectively paying the EU a fee in order to buy goods and food from EU countries.  If a supermarket started charging customers an entrance fee then those customers would spend their money elsewhere.   Paying a net contribution to the EU budget  only makes sense for countries that have a trade surplus with other EU members. 

I know all about the intricacies of the European Union without the help of a second rate tutor.

All the top government institutions have said openly that Brexit has been a failure.

That's good enough for me.     You should be watching the Sewage Party's Conference instead of arguing with me.

29 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

All the top government institutions have said openly that Brexit has been a failure.

That's good enough for me. 

I bet you couldn't be happier about that 

Rubbing your hands together with glee 

Edited by Jack Grey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

I know all about the intricacies of the European Union without the help of a second rate tutor.

That's good enough for me.     You should be watching the Sewage Party's Conference instead of arguing with me.

All of them ?

12 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Running your hands together with glee 

Bang on.

Childish at best.

I didn't want Brexit at all, but accepted the decision and fortunately I am grown up enough to not point score about such things.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, harvey19 said:

All of them ?

All those I have heard quoted

37 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

Rubbing your hands together with glee 

I don't know what makes you say that.

What I'm happy about doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the rest of the world so  why.

I only rub my hands when they are cold.

It doesn't matter what any of us think about Brexit    -    it is a failure and this country is now worse off..

10 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

All those I have heard quoted

I don't know what makes you say that.

What I'm happy about doesn't make a blind bit of difference to the rest of the world so  why.

I only rub my hands when they are cold.

It doesn't matter what any of us think about Brexit    -    it is a failure and this country is now worse off..

Just more rubbish

It will take years to shake off the decades we were in the EU

You say it's been a failure but our vaccine rollout showed what can be achieved without the bureaucracy and red tape of Brussels  

And most media organisations have been reporting that our economy is stronger than most of the EUs

Yeah there have been failures but lots of successes too

The fact is you want it to fail so you'll never see the positives or choose to ignore them