Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

Just more rubbish

It will take years to shake off the decades we were in the EU

You say it's been a failure but our vaccine rollout showed what can be achieved without the bureaucracy and red tape of Brussels  

And most media organisations have been reporting that our economy is stronger than most of the EUs

Yeah there have been failures but lots of successes too.

There was nothing to prevent us from rolling out the vaccine exactly as we did had we remained EU members. Hungary chose to go their own way and bought their vaccine from Russia. Sweden took a different approach to lock down than many other members.

If you're going to claim a Brexit benefit it has to be one not obtainable to us as EU members.  Otherwise it isn't a benefit of Brexit is it?

Perhaps better not to bring up the whole Covid thing at all really. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1115043/coronavirus-deaths-timeline-in-the-eu-5/#:~:text=As of July 7%2C 2022,deaths as of July 7.

I'm intrigued could you provide details of the ' lots of success? 

4 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I bet you couldn't be happier about that 

Rubbing your hands together with glee 

He has nothing else to live for.

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Bang on.

Childish at best.

I didn't want Brexit at all, but accepted the decision and fortunately I am grown up enough to not point score about such things.

I voted to Remain mainly because I was not convinced leaving the EU would make my life any better.  However, my life is no worse off after the UK left the EU and I can see the positives and opportunities leaving the EU has given to our country.  Posters like Organgrider are childish.

3 hours ago, m williamson said:

There was nothing to prevent us from rolling out the vaccine exactly as we did had we remained EU members. Hungary chose to go their own way and bought their vaccine from Russia. Sweden took a different approach to lock down than many other members.

If you're going to claim a Brexit benefit it has to be one not obtainable to us as EU members.  Otherwise it isn't a benefit of Brexit is it?

Perhaps better not to bring up the whole Covid thing at all really. https://www.statista.com/statistics/1115043/coronavirus-deaths-timeline-in-the-eu-5/#:~:text=As of July 7%2C 2022,deaths as of July 7.

I'm intrigued could you provide details of the ' lots of success? 

There was also nothing to prevent the remaining 27 EU members rolling out their own vaccine program but  not  one of them decided to do so.  We all know if the UK had remained in the EU then  the UK would have relied on the EU for the vaccine roll out.  One of the benefits of Brexit is our government can no longer blame the EU for not taking action when they should have and develop their own projects which are much quicker to implement than the  EU.

I am intrigued why an anti British, anti  democratic  and IRA terrorist sympathiser with Irish citizenship such as yourself chooses to live in our country. 

4 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Bang on.

Childish at best.

I didn't want Brexit at all, but accepted the decision and fortunately I am grown up enough to not point score about such things.

Hang on Bundy, not 3 hours ago you were pontificating that reporters at the Guardian would be having a "circle jerk" (your words) when they learnt of another Tory council experiencing financial meltdown.

If that's not childish, I don't know what is.

4 minutes ago, Axe said:

He has nothing else to live for.

I voted to Remain mainly because I was not convinced leaving the EU would make my life any better.  However, my life is no worse off after the UK left the EU and I can see the positives and opportunities leaving the EU has given to our country.  Posters like Organgrider are childish.

There was also nothing to prevent the remaining 27 EU members rolling out their own vaccine program but  not  one of them decided to do so.  We all know if the UK had remained in the EU then  the UK would have relied on the EU for the vaccine roll out.  One of the benefits of Brexit is our government can no longer blame the EU for not taking action when they should have and develop their own projects which are much quicker to implement than the  EU.

I am intrigued why an anti British, anti  democratic  and IRA terrorist sympathiser with Irish citizenship such as yourself chooses to live in our country. 

That's uncanny - you even have the same turn of phrase as West77.

You been at the cult meeting in Manchester with all the freaks, creeps and swivel eyed loons this week Westy?

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

That's uncanny - you even have the same turn of phrase as West77.

You been at the cult meeting in Manchester with all the freaks, creeps and swivel eyed loons this week Westy?

You need to move on and forget about whatever humiliation West77 or Westy inflicted on you.   There is a Tory conference happening in Manchester this week.  All the freaks, creeps and swivel eyed loons congregate daily in the Canal Street area of Manchester.  

12 minutes ago, Axe said:

Who do you think cares about why you voted to remain ?  You don't even know how everyone else voted.

The argument has not been about whether we should have remained in Europe.  Everybody accepted the result of the referendum so you are not even arguing for the right thing.

The argument has been Yes,  we left but  has it been a success or a failure ?      -      the answer is that it has been a total failure.      -      You are the childish one because you won't discuss it's failures.  

Throwing in references to the vaccines has nothing at all to do with Brexit at all   -   we are not discussing vaccines.

Can you now get your tiny mind away from Remain or Leave  and at long last focus on,    success or  failure.

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

You need to move on and forget about whatever humiliation West77 or Westy inflicted on you.   There is a Tory conference happening in Manchester this week.  All the freaks, creeps and swivel eyed loons congregate daily in the Canal Street area of Manchester.  

Correction  There is a Sewage Party Conference happening in Manchester,  and silly Sunak's making more promises when he hasn't fulfilled his last ones yet.

And yes,  he's scrapped the infrastructure upgrade which they said we needed so badly. 

5 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Who do you think cares about why you voted to remain ?  You don't even know how everyone else voted.

The argument has not been about whether we should have remained in Europe.  Everybody accepted the result of the referendum so you are not even arguing for the right thing.

The argument has been Yes,  we left but  has it been a success or a failure ?      -      the answer is that it has been a total failure.      -      You are the childish one because you won't discuss it's failures.  

Throwing in references to the vaccines has nothing at all to do with Brexit at all   -   we are not discussing vaccines.

Can you now get your tiny mind away from Remain or Leave  and at long last focus on,    success or  failure.

Correction  There is a Sewage Party Conference happening in Manchester,  and silly Sunak's making more promises when he hasn't fulfilled his last ones yet.

And yes,  he's scrapped the infrastructure upgrade which they said we needed so badly. 

Not everyone accepted the result..

https://youtube.com/shorts/V9joYJxT8AA?si=yMaFG5K4MrbthHZi

13 minutes ago, Axe said:

You need to move on and forget about whatever humiliation West77 or Westy inflicted on you.

All the humiliation was yours Westy. You had leave the forum, and have all your posts deleted as you were laughed off the Forum.

13 minutes ago, Axe said:

There is a Tory conference happening in Manchester this week.  All the freaks, creeps and swivel eyed loons congregate daily in the Canal Street area of Manchester.  

Yes there are even quite a few gay Tories, God knows why, but there you go. Still at least it's refreshing to hear that you know the street name in Manchester where gay and lesbian people go for drinks. Much experience of Canal Street have you Westy?

13 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Not everyone accepted the result..

https://youtube.com/shorts/V9joYJxT8AA?si=yMaFG5K4MrbthHZi

I accept the result of the referendum but I do not accept the failure to do it properly.

The impact of Brexit on the UK economy will be worse in the long run compared to the coronavirus pandemic, the chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility has said.

Richard Hughes said leaving the EU would reduce the UK's potential GDP by about 4% in the long term.

He said forecasts showed the pandemic would reduce GDP "by a further 2%".

"In the long term it is the case that Brexit has a bigger impact than the pandemic", he told the BBC.

His comments come after the OBR said the cost of living could rise at its fastest rate for 30 years, with suggestions inflation could hit almost 5%.

Edited by Organgrinder

12 minutes ago, Mister M said:

All the humiliation was yours Westy. You had leave the forum, and have all your posts deleted as you were laughed off the Forum.

Yes there are even quite a few gay Tories, God knows why, but there you go. Still at least it's refreshing to hear that you know the street name in Manchester where gay and lesbian people go for drinks. Much experience of Canal Street have you Westy?

😀