Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

7 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Stop trolling.

Foodbanks are there to tide people over in times of crises or bad patches, as you well know. 

I may be wrong but can't remember food banks when I was young.

People used to get things on tick from the shops or pawn items for cash.

15 hours ago, Mister M said:

Stop trolling.

Foodbanks are there to tide people over in times of crises or bad patches, as you well know. 

Too many people are misusing food banks 

We have got this culture now in some of these deprived areas where people are so dependent on food banks it is like a weekly shop for them.

One particular family I was helping, really helping, and they were going to the food bank two or three times a week to get their groceries and then, you know, I see them in McDonald’s two or three times a week.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/lee-anderson-food-banks-weekly-shop-b1064108.html

22 minutes ago, Axe said:

Too many people are misusing food banks 

Being you,  you will accept what the deputy chairman of the tory party says but ordinary people have more sense.

Would you really expect him to say anything else ?

We need some lie detector machines in the commons for your lot.

The fact that the former hub of the British Empire needs foodbanks at all,  tells us all we need to know about our politicians.

We were proud then    -    ashamed now.

Edited by Organgrinder

On 06/10/2023 at 19:33, Mister M said:

Stop trolling.

I am sure some find them very usefull. There are also baby banks and pet food banks.

Their expansion is very much the green agenda, recycling and not wasting food if possible. People even adertise free soil and rubble on social media, because if they take it to the tip it costs them money.

At least that is the case around here.

30 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I am sure some find them very usefull. There are also baby banks and pet food banks.

Their expansion is very much the green agenda, recycling and not wasting food if possible. People even adertise free soil and rubble on social media, because if they take it to the tip it costs them money.

At least that is the case around here.

That sounds very much like the sensible thing to do.  Nothing could be better than saving waste and helping people at the same time.

27 minutes ago, Mister M said:

You've lost the argument if you're having to quote the knuckle dragging Lee Anderthal.

His zeal for defending the incompetent Sewage Party means he loses a lot of arguments so he should be used to it.