Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

The most important thing needed in order to allow the country to move on in my opinion is for it to be accepted that Brexit was a mistake by the majority.

Until that's seen to be the case politicians who are more concerned about their seats than the country won't have the balls to take the action required.

We're not going back into the EU that ships sailed,  and I doubt after what's gone on that all 27 would vote to let us rejoin anyway. But what we  need to do is make life easier for our businesses to trade. 

Joining the Single Market would be the sensible and logical thing to do but obviously that doesn't mean that's what's going to happen.

Edited by m williamson
repeated post

3 hours ago, m williamson said:

The most important thing needed in order to allow the country to move on in my opinion is for it to be accepted that Brexit was a mistake by the majority.

Until that's seen to be the case politicians who are more concerned about their seats than the country won't have the balls to take the action required.

We're not going back into the EU that ships sailed,  and I doubt after what's gone on that all 27 would vote to let us rejoin anyway. But what we  need to do is make life easier for our businesses to trade. 

Joining the Single Market would be the sensible and logical thing to do but obviously that doesn't mean that's what's going to happen.

My bold. 

The most important thing needed in order to allow the country to move on is for the minority to realise they need to accept a vote that was over 7 years ago & accept the result was the will of the voting majority of those adults who could be bothered to actually go out & vote on that day. 

Posts like this remind me of one of the Remainers interviewed a couple of weeks ago during a protest in London, (the one the Remainers moaned about because it never made the BBC's national news bulletins, only being shown on BBC London's local news because even the BBC have given up the ghost on Remainers), when one Remainer said it was imperative we rejoin the EU again because she was struggling to buy a table cloth from Germany.  😭

Vorsprung durch table cloths! 

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

My bold. 

The most important thing needed in order to allow the country to move on is for the minority to realise they need to accept a vote that was over 7 years ago & accept the result was the will of the voting majority of those adults who could be bothered to actually go out & vote on that day.

You need to get your head around the idea that this is the "Consequences Of Brexit" thread. People have accepted we've left. Even the post you're complaining about contains "We're not going back into the EU that ships sailed,  and I doubt after what's gone on that all 27 would vote to let us rejoin anyway."

Discussing the impacts of the form of brexit implemented by the Tories and how the negative effects of it can be mitigated is not going against the vote because the vote was between 'leave' and 'remain' and leave won. The referendum didn't specify what leave would look like so arguing about the exact form it should take is not going against the result.

1 hour ago, geared said:

Same old moronic Brexiteer nonsense. 

Can this idiot play a different tune?

Ah!  Have I upset you - AGAIN?

All because you didn't get your own way 7 years ago 😭

Best put the big clown shoes on & you walk away then. 

26 minutes ago, altus said:

You need to get your head around the idea that this is the "Consequences Of Brexit" thread. People have accepted we've left. Even the post you're complaining about contains "We're not going back into the EU that ships sailed,  and I doubt after what's gone on that all 27 would vote to let us rejoin anyway."

Discussing the impacts of the form of brexit implemented by the Tories and how the negative effects of it can be mitigated is not going against the vote because the vote was between 'leave' and 'remain' and leave won. The referendum didn't specify what leave would look like so arguing about the exact form it should take is not going against the result.

Brexit was a mistake by the majority.

I suggest you offer M. Williamson a Remainer's shoulder to continue crying on. 

27 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

People have tried to explain it to you over and over so we must just assume that you either can't read or can't think.

Personally,  I think it's both.

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

People have tried to explain it to you over and over so we must just assume that you either can't read or can't think.

Personally,  I think it's both.

Says Mr Dimwit, you view of yourself, no mine. 

Blimey get a few more moaning Remainers on here & there will be enough of you to form a quorum or nearly fill a taxi. 

31 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

The only shoulders needed are those to accept the responsibility of what's happened an making the best of it rather than still living in some fantasy world where the country is still as influential as it was when we had an empire.

4 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Says Mr Dimwit, you view of yourself, no mine. 

Blimey get a few more moaning Remainers on here & there will be enough of you to form a quorum or nearly fill a taxi. 

I did say that people have tried to explain to you but you still don't get it because it's not about remainers at all.

We are out and staying out and there's  only you who doesn't know.

Are you Rip Van Winkle ?

41 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

We know, it’s about time you owned up to it.