Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

Never heard of Joe Giddens/PA   For all we know this Joe Giddens could be just another Cheeky Girl.

Does this Joe Giddens have any statistics to report on how  all the G7  nations imports and exports have preformed since 2018?

I know who's word most of us would believe rather than yours.  especially when the Governments ONS tells us that it's costing us a lot of money too.

57 minutes ago, Axe said:

Never heard of Joe Giddens/PA   For all we know this Joe Giddens could be just another Cheeky Girl.

Does this Joe Giddens have any statistics to report on how  all the G7  nations imports and exports have preformed since 2018?

The screenshot literally shows you; he may have more idea about international finance than some folk on this forum though. 😉
He's a photographer for PA Media  His name appears there as as a copyright credit ;That's what this symbol means ©

The article itself comes from The FT
UK trade volumes suffer record five-year decline

The ONS reported that the volume of imports fell 7.4 per cent compared with 2022 and was down 3.8 per cent compared with 2018.

and was written by Valentina Romei

ECONOMICS REPORTER
Valentina Romei is an Economics reporter at the Financial Times.

She is the lead reporter on UK data and writes news and analysis pieces on the European and global economies.

Before her current role, she worked on the FT editorial statistics desk and in academia.

I'm having a wild guess that she, and The ONS might have an understanding of the subject matter.

UK trade in goods, year in review: 2023   ←   Link to ONS report 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That prat Mogg :

2016: "The Brexit opportunity is through leaving the customs union. And that means we have to come out of the EU Single Market"

2024: "Anything that makes trade more difficult, makes countries poorer"

i'm very much in danger of typing asterisks again.

That prat has done rather well for himself over the who mess though, and I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he's made a Lord at the end of Parliament.

As always, this represented no benefit for us, but big gains by those orchestrating it.

5 hours ago, ads36 said:

That prat Mogg :

2016: "The Brexit opportunity is through leaving the customs union. And that means we have to come out of the EU Single Market"

2024: "Anything that makes trade more difficult, makes countries poorer"

i'm very much in danger of typing asterisks again.

It is still easy for the UK to trade with the EU post Brexit. Too much whinging still happening.

would you describe the Farmers protests as "Whinging" ?

Liz Webster - founder of 'Save British Farming' (leading/representing the protests) :

"They negotiated trade deals which literally see us slaughtered - They're the worst trade deals in the world."

“We need a radical change of policy and an urgent exit from these appalling trade deals which will decimate British food.”