Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

56 minutes ago, gaz678 said:

Foreign imports will cost more whilst the government pay farmers to grow less food and plant trees ect instead 😉 

At least you can enjoy a big breakfast of tasty sovereignty, safe in the knowledge we 'took back control'.

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Stop Drama Queening.  We are not into a mess.  Did you notice how cheap the vegetables were in the supermarkets at Easter?

At least when the subject is vegetables we know that you speak from extensive experience 🤭

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gaz678 said:

whilst the government pay farmers to grow less food and plant trees ect instead

to be fair, this isn't a terrible idea.

something in excess of 25% of UK farmland is used for occasional sheep grazing.

(ie. it's grass)

we don't really eat much lamb, we don't really wear much wool, those breeds that tolerate our climate really aren't very productive, sheep farming is incredibly hard work,  =Sheep farmers lose money on every sheep. They only survive due to subsidies.

Why on earth should we continue paying farmers to maintain massively high numbers of largely unwanted sheep? - especially considering the huge cost of endlessly building more and more flood defences for cities and towns downstream that have to deal with flooding that results from our uplands over-grazed inability to hold back water?

if we're going to pay farmers to do something, why not include tree planting ? - it'll reduce flooding,  increase habitat for wildlife, etc.

it's one of those ideas that pays for itself, without any real drawbacks.

we're getting dangerously close to potential *actual* benefit  of leaving the EU - we don't have to negotiate with 27 other countries when we want to change an out-dated, and damaging, system of farming subsidies.

New Brexit jobs!

More civil servant to be employed at vast expense to protect our borders from food, further extending the worst food inflation in Europe. Tories have tried to hide this inevitable Brexit cost to food eaters or four years by ignoring it.

The wonderful Brexit diet seems to be composed of food that has been in storage for months rather than anything fresh. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Axe said:

Not a surprise Farmers are pleading poverty and want subsidies.

Hang on, only a few posts ago you were telling us that you noticed how cheap vegetables were. I very much doubt that If you weren't poor that's something you'd notice.

Anyway Axe, I thought you said that you voted remain? Why are you always on the side of defending the consequences of Brexit, no matter how inane?

5 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Hang on, only a few posts ago you were telling us that you noticed how cheap vegetables were. I very much doubt that If you weren't poor that's something you'd notice.

Anyway Axe, I thought you said that you voted remain? Why are you always on the side of defending the consequences of Brexit, no matter how inane?

Yes I did vote Remain but the majority voted Leave which is why I support Brexit. I am no worse off as a consequence of Brexit and do not whinge for the sake of whinging . Only losers in life do not look for positives.

• Haha 1