Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

3 hours ago, Axe said:

Remind me how you have personally suffered as a consequence of Brexit.

:nono:

It would be very easy for me to do that; however I must remind you that a favourite pastime of many Tories is to point the finger at others and accuse them of being workshy, idle, and feckless.

If I were to tell you how I personally suffered as a consequence of Brexit, you have no incentive in the future to remember what I say. Therefore by you trawling through this thread to find the information you want, you will have learned a valuable lesson :nod:

3 hours ago, Mister M said:

:nono:

It would be very easy for me to do that; however I must remind you that a favourite pastime of many Tories is to point the finger at others and accuse them of being workshy, idle, and feckless.

If I were to tell you how I personally suffered as a consequence of Brexit, you have no incentive in the future to remember what I say. Therefore by you trawling through this thread to find the information you want, you will have learned a valuable lesson :nod:

Okay,  in other words you cannot think of a reason why you have personally suffered as a consequence of Brexit and have a problem with democracy.

Just now, Axe said:

Okay,  in other words you cannot think of a reason why you have personally suffered as a consequence of Brexit and have a problem with democracy.

A nation and its people cannot go through Brexit without there being some damage.

I work in social care, so that's one area where I and the service users which I work with has been negatively affected.

If you claim to have voted to remain in the EU (and I don't believe you on that by the way); then you should be able to fully understand why staying in the EU was so important, and the kind of disruption it has caused ordinary people in leaving the EU.

30 minutes ago, Mister M said:

A nation and its people cannot go through Brexit without there being some damage.

I work in social care, so that's one area where I and the service users which I work with has been negatively affected.

If you claim to have voted to remain in the EU (and I don't believe you on that by the way); then you should be able to fully understand why staying in the EU was so important, and the kind of disruption it has caused ordinary people in leaving the EU.

How has social care been negatively affected by Brexit?

I did vote remain  and will not pretend our country has suffered any major disruption just because I did not vote to leave the EU.  The folk who have caused the most disruption are those who wanted to stop the democratic choice of the electorate being implemented.  We all should get behind and support Brexit regardless of how we voted in the referendum. 

28 minutes ago, Axe said:

How has social care been negatively affected by Brexit?

Numbers of staff to look after people who need social care.

28 minutes ago, Axe said:

I did vote remain  and will not pretend our country has suffered any major disruption just because I did not vote to leave the EU.  The folk who have caused the most disruption are those who wanted to stop the democratic choice of the electorate being implemented.  We all should get behind and support Brexit regardless of how we voted in the referendum. 

You were more convincing when droning on about cheap vegetables.

1 hour ago, Vrsaljko said:

99% of which come from Africa and the Philippines and not Europe.

He did not think it through when he made that claim up.   

2 hours ago, Vrsaljko said:

99% of which come from Africa and the Philippines and not Europe.

They do now, but fewer Europians are now coming here now, obviously.

But the ones coming now need visas, whereas EU/EEA citizens were able to work more freely.

Whilst some of the recent newspaper reports about a proportion of those visas was slightly incorrect, there's still plenty of questions to be asked, as well as addressing issues of modern slavery.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/response-to-an-inspection-of-the-immigration-system-as-it-relates-to-the-social-care-sector/the-home-office-response-to-the-independent-chief-inspector-of-borders-and-immigrations-report-an-inspection-of-the-immigration-system-as-it-relates

The ban on care workers’ family members: what will be the impact? Migration Observatory

Since becoming eligible for the Skilled Worker route in February 2022, the number of overseas care workers coming to the UK has increased sharply. The care route has brought significant challenges. In particular, the care industry is a high-risk industry for exploitation. Widespread qualitative evidence suggests that many care workers are not receiving the pay or working conditions they were promised, while others have experienced severe forms of exploitation and modern slavery.

Then there is the very real issue of the impact on the health care systems of the countries supplying staff over here;  

Where do health and care visa holders come from?      HMG report
Since the inclusion of care workers on the H&CW visa, 99.9% of care workers sponsored through the route have been from non-European Economic Area (EEA) countries. Excluding care workers, 98% of H&CW visas have also been from non-EEA countries over the same period.

Table 2.3 shows the top nationalities using the H&CW visa by occupation.

Of these countries, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, and Ghana are on the World Health Organisation (WHO)’s red list meaning these countries should not be actively targeted when recruiting health and care professionals given their own workforce problems.

There have been reports that this exodus of health and care workers is having a negative impact on the health and social care sector in countries of origin.

image_2024-04-05_193653505.png

• Thanks 1