Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

57 minutes ago, Axe said:

He did not think it through when he made that claim up.   

I didn't make it up, meathead. 

There is much less of a reliance now on social care personnel since Brexit, as many of those staff have returned to their home countries, and the slack made up bu staff from countries in Africa and India. 

52 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I didn't make it up, meathead. 

There is much less of a reliance now on social care personnel since Brexit, as many of those staff have returned to their home countries, and the slack made up bu staff from countries in Africa and India. 

Why did they go home?  My Dutch friends have not gone home after Brexit.  They are happy how it has all turned out. 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Why did they go home?  My Dutch friends have not gone home after Brexit.  They are happy how it has all turned out. 

Probably because they were told they weren't wanted.

Not-Brexit related, but I was speaking to a Dutch fella a few weeks ago.  He was saying the cost of housing over there is worse than here, very expensive.

I can understand there not being a massive draw to move home.

Don’t miss our subscriber-exclusive(Telegraph) online Lunch Hour with Nigel Farage. Book your place now to join the honorary president of Reform UK and our host Camilla Tominey, on Monday April 8 at 1pm.

What’s more, you’ll also have the chance to ask Nigel Farage your questions at the event. Just book via the link below and submit your questions in advance.

12 hours ago, Mister M said:

Probably because they were told they weren't wanted.

Nonsense.

EU citizens living and working in the UK were not told they weren't welcome after the referendum vote. 

50 minutes ago, Axe said:

Nonsense.

EU citizens living and working in the UK were not told they weren't welcome after the referendum vote. 

Really?  I wonder why so many of them felt that way then?

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2019/06/18/feeling-vulnerable-and-unwelcome-the-impact-of-brexit-on-eu-nationals/

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/eu-migration-uk-brexit-referendum-latest-net-fall-figures-why-racism-hate-crime-brexodus-government-a7911196.html

This country relies on immigrants to keep the economy going thankfully the drop in European citizens arriving has been compensated for by the increase in immigration from places outside the EU like Africa and Asia.

Can't help feeling this bloke may be a bit disappointed though. 

I do not know any EU citizens who left and went back to their home countries after the referendum vote or the implementation of Brexit.   

However,  I do not trawl the internet and go cherry picking links to support the false claim that EU citizens were made to feel unwelcome. 

19 minutes ago, Axe said:

I do not know any EU citizens who left and went back to their home countries after the referendum vote or the implementation of Brexit.   

However,  I do not trawl the internet and go cherry picking links to support the false claim that EU citizens were made to feel unwelcome. 

In order to know people personally you need to have a few friends and friendly acquaintance's.

I personally know a Spanish pharmacist who went to university in Valencia. He and his wife both graduated there, they were persuaded by a British delegation which visited the university specifically to try to persuade graduates to relocate to the UK as we needed their skills.

They did that and were parents to two boys who were born and raised in Sheffield.

The boys were 15 and 13 and considered themselves Sheffielders as well as being proud of their Spanish blood.

The pharmacist told me he and his wife felt betrayed and he felt like going out onto the street and punching the lights out of people.

As he's a 6'4" ex rugby player he'd be quite capable of doing it. He worked at a pharmacy in Woodseats he's no longer there and the last I heard the family were planning on returning to Spain.

You are obviously not a particularly knowledgeable person, so it is no surprise that you don't know anyone with similar experience.

As for ' trawl the the internet ' it took a Google search of less than a minute.