Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

16 minutes ago, m williamson said:

In order to know people personally you need to have a few friends and friendly acquaintance's.

I personally know a Spanish pharmacist who went to university in Valencia. He and his wife both graduated there, they were persuaded by a British delegation which visited the university specifically to try to persuade graduates to relocate to the UK as we needed their skills.

They did that and were parents to two boys who were born and raised in Sheffield.

The boys were 15 and 13 and considered themselves Sheffielders as well as being proud of their Spanish blood.

The pharmacist told me he and his wife felt betrayed and he felt like going out onto the street and punching the lights out of people.

As he's a 6'4" ex rugby player he'd be quite capable of doing it. He worked at a pharmacy in Woodseats he's no longer there and the last I heard the family were planning on returning to Spain.

You are obviously not a particularly knowledgeable person, so it is no surprise that you don't know anyone with similar experience.

As for ' trawl the the internet ' it took a Google search of less than a minute.

As I have stated  I have Dutch friends who have not been made to feel unwelcome and are very happy how things have turned out for them post Brexit.  You cannot know the Spanish couple very well otherwise you would know for certain whether they have moved back to Spain.  They may have moved to another area of the UK some distance away from Woodseats.   It sounds like the Spaniard has thug tendencies if he felt like going  out on to the streets and punching the lights out of people as a consequence of a democratic choice made by the people of the UK.  I hope the Spaniard you claim to know has gone back to Spain because I judged him to be undesirable and not fit to live in our peaceful country. 

You're amusing, I'll give you that. Pomposity is always laughable and making claims with no substance is also quite funny.

You're not fit to judge an egg rolling contest. 

Just for further amusements sake please do explain precisely what it is that your Dutch friends are so happy about with regard to Brexit.

What exactly has it done for them that is an improvement on how things were before Brexit?

I'm intrigued, because the majority of British people now accept that it's been a disaster which has damaged both the economy and our international reputation.

Rather than ' Taking Back Control ' we now have to obey rules without the opportunity to influence them as we did as EU members.https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the-brexit-u-turn-over-ce-marks-makes-britain-a-rule-taker-without-influence/

That being the case I'd really like to know what it is that makes your Dutch friends so happy about Brexit.   

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'm intrigued, because the majority of British people now accept that it's been a disaster which has damaged both the economy and our international reputation.

Rather than ' Taking Back Control ' we now have to obey rules without the opportunity to influence them as we did as EU members.https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/the-brexit-u-turn-over-ce-marks-makes-britain-a-rule-taker-without-influence/

We are loosing control.

Anybody in business in Norway and Switzerland will agree with you that their inability to become full members (because of nationalistic pride) means that major trade decisions with their biggest trading partners are  not bilateral but made in Brussels- they can only appeal through minor trade organizations to be considered, We are in a far worse position as we are no longer trusted and refuse to engage in many trade and political negotiations.

We even have claims on here that we have 70 new trade deals- we have three, the rest are weakened versions of what we had and most do not involve manufacturing.

Asked what effect it has on me-very little. as I can absorb the costs. On my children's opportunities -huge, on those the family firm once employed and the business suppliers -I don't know, 

7 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

We are loosing control.

Anybody in business in Norway and Switzerland will agree with you that their inability to become full members (because of nationalistic pride) means that major trade decisions with their biggest trading partners are  not bilateral but made in Brussels- they can only appeal through minor trade organizations to be considered, We are in a far worse position as we are no longer trusted and refuse to engage in many trade and political negotiations.

We even have claims on here that we have 70 new trade deals- we have three, the rest are weakened versions of what we had and most do not involve manufacturing.

Asked what effect it has on me-very little. as I can absorb the costs. On my children's opportunities -huge, on those the family firm once employed and the business suppliers -I don't know, 

As every major country in the world was either a member of a Trade Bloc - or alternatively paid for access to a Trade Bloc market -  it seemed commonsense to me to accept that that's the way the world economy currently works and remaining in the nearest geographical and most successful Trade Bloc was the sensible thing to do.

Turned out commonsense is an oxymoron.

Norway have a Sovereign Wealth Fund of $1.6 Trillion, despite which they pay to be in the Single Market.

We're out and the EU wouldn't have us back unless we gave up all those Opt Outs we'd negotiated as members,  the sensible thing to do now would be to join the Single Market. That would help business enormously and resolve the Northern Ireland situation at the same time and we'd not be EU members.

However, as that's the sensible thing and we appear to have given up on that course of action I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, m williamson said:

You're amusing, I'll give you that. Pomposity is always laughable and making claims with no substance is also quite funny.

You're not fit to judge an egg rolling contest. 

Just for further amusements sake please do explain precisely what it is that your Dutch friends are so happy about with regard to Brexit.

What exactly has it done for them that is an improvement on how things were before Brexit?

That being the case I'd really like to know what it is that makes your Dutch friends so happy about Brexit.   

I personally do not know anyone who is complaining about Brexit let alone saying it is a disaster.  I am intrigued how you can say a majority of British people accept that Brexit  has been a disaster. 

Just got some good news.  I sent my Dutch friends a text message asking them if they are still happy living in England after.  Brexit.  I got a message back from Anneke saying they are still living the dream.  I also go an invite for Sunday Lunch and it is Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding.   I have you to thank for motivating me to send them a text message.  

Enjoy your sour grapes for your Sunday Lunch.

7 minutes ago, Axe said:

I personally do not know anyone who is complaining about Brexit let alone saying it is a disaster.  I am intrigued how you can say a majority of British people accept that Brexit  has been a disaster. 

Just got some good news.  I sent my Dutch friends a text message asking them if they are still happy living in England after.  Brexit.  I got a message back from Anneke saying they are still living the dream.  I also go an invite for Sunday Lunch and it is Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding.   I have you to thank for motivating me to send them a text message.  

Enjoy your sour grapes for your Sunday Lunch.

You claimed that your Dutch friends " are very happy how things turned out for them after Brexit ".

I asked you to explain exactly what it was that made them happy, what things turned out better for them after Brexit to increase their happiness? Find out while you're having lunch.

You don't understand how I can say that a majority of British people accept that Brexit has been a disaster?

Do you ever bother to read news reports, or do you live in your own little world where reality doesn't intrude? 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/#:~:text=As of March 2024%2C 55,it was the right decision.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/more-brits-than-ever-say-brexit-was-wrong-choice-yougov-survey-2023-07-17/

https://www.politico.eu/article/britain-brexit-fail-new-poll-nigel-farage/

Even Farage says it's a failure, and Rees Mogg says it may take fifty years before the country sees any benefit.

Take account of the fact that many people won't admit they're wrong and it's pretty obvious that only the delusional and hard of thinking still believe it wasn't a complete costly embarrassing disaster.

Take care on your way to Sunday lunch it's a dangerous country we live in you know. The Netherlands is far safer https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Netherlands/United-Kingdom/Crime

32 minutes ago, m williamson said:

You claimed that your Dutch friends " are very happy how things turned out for them after Brexit ".

I asked you to explain exactly what it was that made them happy, what things turned out better for them after Brexit to increase their happiness? Find out while you're having lunch.

You don't understand how I can say that a majority of British people accept that Brexit has been a disaster?

Do you ever bother to read news reports, or do you live in your own little world where reality doesn't intrude? 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/987347/brexit-opinion-poll/#:~:text=As of March 2024%2C 55,it was the right decision.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/more-brits-than-ever-say-brexit-was-wrong-choice-yougov-survey-2023-07-17/

https://www.politico.eu/article/britain-brexit-fail-new-poll-nigel-farage/

Even Farage says it's a failure, and Rees Mogg says it may take fifty years before the country sees any benefit.

Take account of the fact that many people won't admit they're wrong and it's pretty obvious that only the delusional and hard of thinking still believe it wasn't a complete costly embarrassing disaster.

Take care on your way to Sunday lunch it's a dangerous country we live in you know. The Netherlands is far safer https://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Netherlands/United-Kingdom/Crime

I live in the real World and communicate with real people.  Brexit is of no concern for the real people who I know who are just getting on with their lives like my Dutch friends are.   I will enjoy the company of my Dutch friends and will not seek to discuss Brexit because we will be too busy discussing other things and will not be short of good conversation. 

14 minutes ago, Axe said:

I live in the real World and communicate with real people. 

will not be short of good conversation. 

Of course you do.   

Providing reality and facts can be avoided I'm sure you won't 

21 minutes ago, Axe said:

I live in the real World and communicate with real people.  Brexit is of no concern for the real people who I know who are just getting on with their lives like my Dutch friends are.   I will enjoy the company of my Dutch friends and will not seek to discuss Brexit because we will be too busy discussing other things and will not be short of good conversation. 

Really? Why did you campaign on here so vigorously for it on here then? You fool