Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

28 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Really? Why did you campaign on here so vigorously for it on here then? You fool

You are the fool because the EU referendum happened in 2016 which was years before I joined the Sheffield Discussion Forum.  I have never campaigned for anything in my life but I do support and respect democracy.  Just for clarity the year is 2024 and the people who I mix with are no longer interested in what happened in 2016.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

You are the fool because the EU referendum happened in 2016 which was years before I joined the Sheffield Discussion Forum.  I have never campaigned for anything in my life but I do support and respect democracy.  Just for clarity the year is 2024 and the people who I mix with are no longer interested in what happened in 2016.

You do not respect democracy, because you do not understand democracy.  Democracy is the  expression of the wishes of the people.

A democratic decision isn't carved in stone never to be altered from that day forward. People change their minds based upon events.

When it becomes apparent that something originally agreed upon is not working out as intended or promised then a change of direction is required.

That is why general elections are held at agreed periods. The people vote a particular party into power based upon that party's promises.

Following the agreed period the people get to decide as to whether that party lived up to its promises and delivered upon them.

If they did then they will be voted in for another term, if not they will be replaced and an alternative party given the opportunity to deliver on its promises.

Apparently you are unable to grasp that straightforward concept. Presumably you believe that the Whigs who were the first British government to be democratically elected after the Acts of Union were signed in 1707 should still be in power?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, m williamson said:

You do not respect democracy, because you do not understand democracy.  Democracy is the  expression of the wishes of the people.

A democratic decision isn't carved in stone never to be altered from that day forward. People change their minds based upon events.

When it becomes apparent that something originally agreed upon is not working out as intended or promised then a change of direction is required.

That is why general elections are held at agreed periods. The people vote a particular party into power based upon that party's promises.

Following the agreed period the people get to decide as to whether that party lived up to its promises and delivered upon them.

If they did then they will be voted in for another term, if not they will be replaced and an alternative party given the opportunity to deliver on its promises.

Apparently you are unable to grasp that straightforward concept. Presumably you believe that the Whigs who were the first British government to be democratically elected after the Acts of Union were signed in 1707 should still be in power?

Why do you keep interacting with the troll?

Same person was on here as Westy, LockDoctor, it's pathetic really.

2 hours ago, geared said:

Why do you keep interacting with the troll?

Same person was on here as Westy, LockDoctor, it's pathetic really.

Because I find it slightly amusing to see what nonsense he'll come out with next. You should look on it as a kind of social support service. 😉

• Haha 1

On 06/04/2024 at 20:52, m williamson said:

Of course I respect democracy because I support Brexit despite the fact that I voted to Remain in the EU.   Referendums are an once in a generation event unlike general elections which happen normally every 4 or 5 years.   In the interest of democracy everyone should be supporting Brexit.  

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Of course I respect democracy because I support Brexit despite the fact that I voted to Remain in the EU.   Referendums are an once in a generation event unlike general elections which happen normally every 4 or 5 years.   In the interest of democracy everyone should be supporting Brexit.  

In the interests of the country’s economy and world standing no one should have voted for Brexit and now that it should be apparent to most that immigration and border control was just Farage and Co seeking to influence the Conservative Party then a reversal of policy is needed.

When a mistake has been made it’s best to bite the bullet early.

38 minutes ago, RJRB said:

In the interests of the country’s economy and world standing no one should have voted for Brexit and now that it should be apparent to most that immigration and border control was just Farage and Co seeking to influence the Conservative Party then a reversal of policy is needed.

When a mistake has been made it’s best to bite the bullet early.

A mistake has not been made.   Democracy can never be a mistake.  The UK's world standing is just as prestigious post Brexit and our economy is holding it own with coping with global events.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Axe said:

A mistake has not been made.   Democracy can never be a mistake.  The UK's world standing is just as prestigious post Brexit and our economy is holding it own with coping with global events.  

And our MPs are seen as effective, even after the Post Office scandal?

Just now, El Cid said:

And our MPs are seen as effective, even after the Post Office scandal?

Our MPs can most certainly do better.   The effectiveness of MPs  and the Post Office scandal is not Brexit related. 

• Like 1