Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

49 minutes ago, El Cid said:

I have seen people make garden furniture from old pallets, they are really desperate  :)

Good for the environment but not really relevant to lots of big Dutch lorries still being on UK roads and still supplying UK garden centres and flower shops.

32 minutes ago, Bamanamanana said:

Add fishermen to that long list.

How Brexit failed Britain's fishing industry:

...from The Times no less!

Remind me, who was our Fisheries representative?
Brexit: Nigel Farage only turned up to one of 42 EU fisheries committee meetings      Descrier 2016

Nigel Farage sailed a boat down the Thames yesterday in an attempt to highlight the plight of British fishermen, conveniently forgetting that he did nothing to protect the industry while on the EU fisheries committee.

Nigel Farage has said that the UK fishing industry has been “gutted due to the EU” and that the institution was out of touch with the problems facing Britons fishermen.

However, according to research by Greenpeace “over the three years that Nigel Farage was a member of the European Parliament Fisheries Committee, he attended one out of 42 meetings”.

On 14/02/2020 at 18:50, Vaati said:

Let me make this perfectly clear - any personal attacks will get you a suspension. The moderating team is not going to continually issue warnings. If you cannot remain civil and post within forum rules then do not bother to contribute.

In addition to remoaner we are also not going to allow the use of libdums or liebore - if you cannot behave like adults and post without recourse to these childish insults then please refrain from posting. If you have a problem with this then you all know where the helpdesk is. 

Well I think all that has been ignored

18 hours ago, High Chaparral said:

Doubt there are any businesses stockpiling Dutch grow flowers.

Well, the comment was tongue in cheek because they certainly have been doing in the past because of Brexit:

https://hortnews.com/garden-centres-stockpiling-ahead-of-border-checks/

https://bmmagazine.co.uk/in-business/garden-centres-rush-to-stockpile-plants-ahead-of-brexit-border-checks/

The people working in this sector and the trade body that represents them say Brexit is an expensive, damaging pile.

You saw a Dutch lorry, once. 🤣

• Like 1

On a personal level the consequences of Brexit are, I know now we don't live in a democracy in or out of the EU, it has confirmed that our politicians and civil service need to be told what to do, they no longer think for themselves and that the establishment, blob call it what you want, will do anything to frustate the will of the people if the people don't share it's values and goals, IE to be harnessed in iron clad laws thought up by others, so they can say not my fault gov it's the rules.

We got away from them faceless autocrats in Brussels because we didn't want them telling us what to do.

Only to find out our useless Government really need someone to tell them what to do.

Jewelry and Watch sector getting the bums-rush...

Post-Brexit red tape proves a tangle for UK jewellery exhibitors:

https://www.ft.com/content/2d63aa89-d5f6-46a4-bc75-1d49652dcdf4

In the wake of Brexit, UK independent jewellery brands are reconsidering the benefits of exhibiting their wares at shows across the English Channel. Some smaller players are already being caught out by customs bills and differing hallmarking requirements.

• Like 1