Consequences Of Brexit [Part 9] Read First Post Before Posting

On 04/10/2024 at 08:21, Bamanamanana said:

Well, the comment was tongue in cheek because they certainly have been doing in the past because of Brexit:

https://hortnews.com/garden-centres-stockpiling-ahead-of-border-checks/

https://bmmagazine.co.uk/in-business/garden-centres-rush-to-stockpile-plants-ahead-of-brexit-border-checks/

The people working in this sector and the trade body that represents them say Brexit is an expensive, damaging pile.

You saw a Dutch lorry, once. 🤣

Are all your comments tongue in cheek?

Talks on UK rejoining EU could start in 10 years’ time, says Peter Mandelson

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/oct/11/uk-talks-rejoining-eu-could-10-years-peter-mandelson-brexit

"in the meantime it was essential for the UK’s productivity and growth to reduce the damaging impact of the Brexit deal struck by Boris Johnson as best we possibly can”.

Still some turd polishing for a bit.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Magilla

52 minutes ago, Magilla said:

Talks on UK rejoining EU could start in 10 years’ time, says Peter Mandelson

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/oct/11/uk-talks-rejoining-eu-could-10-years-peter-mandelson-brexit

"in the meantime it was essential for the UK’s productivity and growth to reduce the damaging impact of the Brexit deal struck by Boris Johnson as best we possibly can”.

Still some turd polishing for a bit.

:thumbsup:

Can't see it happening, that ship has sailed. 

The UK had the most opt outs and the best deal of all the members. Most, if not all of those agreements would be gone in any new membership deal.

There's also the fact that - despite what Brexiteers would have us believe -  the EU is a democratic organisation, more so than the UK in fact.

It would only take one objector from any of the 27 and our application would fail. It may come as a shock to many people but Britain is not held in particularly high regard by a fair number of other countries. 

There's also the fact that in the same way we tend to be influenced by America Hungary tends to be influenced by Russia. They refused the  EU Covid vaccine deal and bought theirs from Russia.

Putin was in favour of Brexit, it suited his political strategy, cause as much disagreement between your opposition countries as possible then take advantage.

As things stand at present Hungary  would veto our application, and they may not be the only one.

Rejoining the Single Market and having the same arrangement as Norway ( which is what Farage kept waffling on about prior to the referendum ) would be about the best we could manage.

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

Rejoining the Single Market and having the same arrangement as Norway ( which is what Farage kept waffling on about prior to the referendum ) would be about the best we could manage.

Sounds like a good first step, and most importantly... gets UK citizens rights back! :thumbsup:

Here you are.  I've brought it back to you as I know some of you need it as some sort of emotional crutch, a support group, where you can chat with a tiny minority of like minded individuals. 

Anyway, let me just check.  Yes, we're still out of the EU as the majority wanted over 8 years ago.  Yes it's 8 years.  Surprisingly, even the majority of Remainers have managed to get on with their lives but for the tiny minority, you've still got this thread. 

16 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Here you are.  I've brought it back to you as I know some of you need it as some sort of emotional crutch, a support group, where you can chat with a tiny minority of like minded individuals.

Brexit is relevant to any thread that discusses public finances (benefits, taxation, public services etc) and will be in perpetuity.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Bamanamanana said:

I won't be containing my Brexit related comments to this thread, given it's obvious relevance to a wide varieties of topics, particularly anything relating to public finances, services and benefits.

Ooooooooooh yes you will?